Anonymous
I am working in a Central University. Recently NAAC Commitee is coming in the University for three days for grading. University administration has asked all the staff and officer to come from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM for three days till the NAAC committee is there. For working 12 hours no any overtime (monetary benefit) or Compensatory leave is being given by the University to staff. Officers as per rules are not entitled for compensatory leave. University has been established recently at a remote location about 22-25 KM far from city and there are no any staff quarter built yet.

Can I deny to come to duty from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ? Kindly provide suitable documents and guide me?

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

What is your job title , whether on permanent role or on temporary contract ?

For such special extension of work hours Management should have given OT ( not comp off) and should have organized for Cab facility as the University is located in a remote location.

Leaving the legality part aside if the arrangement (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM) is only for 3 days why not you can co-operate ( with the University) if it is feasible for you ?

If you deny showing legal provisions, your Superior will wait for chances and will trouble you using their Authority quoting some or other issues. At times we need to ignore trivial things at work front.

From India, Madras
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Do not feel proper to guide someone in disguise.
You raised the objection in nearest labour office or can lodge a case if you are in supervisory capacity. All the staff should give representation to NAAC & copy to all.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.