No Tags Found!

msrituagarwal
dear All

i have a very urgent question related to amendment in bonus act....Due to this amendment, those employees whose Basic is less than or equal to Rs 10,000 will now get Bonus.......Here lies a problem..........some of the employees in my company were getting Ex gratia previously ( which was a part of their CTC, and the % of Exgratia was much higher than Bonus obviously), but now due to the amendment, the company has paid them Bonus ...........so they have suffered a financial loss !!.........pls let me know whether the Company should compensate them since the employees are loosing out their money ( as it was a part of their CTC ) ...........what the other companies have done ??.......have they compensated the employees or not? kindly advise. Also what should be done in those cases where the Ex gratia was not a part of CTC....( i mean employees have been getting Ex gratia as a matter of practice....so now should we compensate the balance amount ( Exgratia - Bonus).....pls do let me know what the other companies have done ?thanks a lot

Thanks
Ritu Agarwal

From India, New Delhi
manojbhel
Dear Ritu, Legally no protection required. However many companies protect the amount paid and pay bonus + ex-gratia. Manoj
From India, Lucknow
malikjs

dear ritu we were also having same problem but we have protected their CTC because it is negotiated salary and company should protect it.you can put rest amount in any oter head. tks j s malik
From India, Delhi
V.S.JANARDHANAN

Dear Friends,
This issue may be approached in two ways. One legal approach another moral on the basis of the customs and traditions of the company. Legally you have no obligation to protect but for the sake of ensuring industrial peace we should protect the amount which they were getting.In this case, whatever is legally due as bonus may be given under the heading bonus and rest of the amount in the exgratia heading

From India, Vellore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.