No Tags Found!

Leena T HR
Dear Friends,
The Central Government has notified 1-April-2017 as the effective date for the amendments passed via The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act 2017. Benefits such as 26 weeks of leave, creche etc are applicable effective the notified date.
My Qs is about Creche facility.
What is the expectation from Company - Is company expected to pay for the monthly expenses of the child in the crèche?
or we are just to have a tie-up with Day care and employees to deal with them directly for the expenses/ monthly charge etc.
Regards,
HR.

From India, Pune
dhananjoy-kumar

Dear All, can you give me latest official Notification on Maternity benefit ( about 26 weeks)
From India
Davincicode
Hi, the Crèche facility can be. A Tieup And the costs need not be Borne by the company, the act does not state that in the Crèche like. Sukanya . Director World of Children - daycare Andheri daycare Vikhroli. Do reach us for Crèche solutions

Davincicode
The Act is effective July 1, 2017 and the Crèche facilty Tieup needs to be with a credible and well thought vendor ! Costs can even be shared by both employee And employee at 50:50 ratios
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: png IMG_5547.PNG (596.5 KB, 196 views)

Ipsitha kb

Hello,
The Ministry of Labour and Employment has released the FAQs and clarification of the questions surrounding the Maternity Benefit Amendment 2017, Wherein, creche facility provisions will come into effect on 1st July, 2017 and the rest of the Act will come into effect from 1st April, 2017. Enhanced maternity benefit leave of 26 weeks can be availed by women who were already under maternity leave at the time of the enforcement of the Amendment Act. Women who have already availed 12 weeks of Maternity leave before enforcement of the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017, i.e 1st April 2017, shall not be entitled to avail extended maternity benefit of the 26 weeks leave.
Visit, www.simpliance.in , to download recent amendments and notifications.

From India, Bengaluru
Rishiagarwal
Guys, is there anywhere age limit defined for the child ? I read in the above chain that charges can be split 50:50 between the company and employee...is this defined in the bill passed?

Anonymous
Hi, I think another addition to this amendment is that the crèche facility has to be set up within 500 meters. With all this, a company may have to set up the crèche in the same premise. However, setting up a crèche may not be feasible for all the companies. Is there any company who has initiated to work on the implementation of provision of crèche facility. Please share the thoughts
From India, Mumbai
Satishs72
Hi All,
As per the Act there are many loop holes into Creche Facility. There is no age prescribed for child (in normally the age considered to be upto 6 years for crech). Secondly on cost sharing there is no clarifications, so depending on the company to company for cost sharing. The MB Act has no specific requirements around construction, facilities and staff of the crèche, etc. In such a scenario its important to take guidance from the National ECCE policy and state laws.
Beyond this if you have any other information, please share.
regards

From India, Ghaziabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.