No Tags Found!

Vrinda.B.K.
How do I determine what percentage of a billed rate is 'fair' for the contractor? What factors play into this percentage, and should the size of the consulting company play into this?
From India, Bangalore
stephen_7

Please provide the type of the organization in which you are going to engage a contractor? What type of work the contractor will be performing and how are you planning to do the billing i.e., piece rate or man hour rate? How many employees you are planing to engage?
These details are required to give you a suggestion.
Normally, factories fix the minimum wage + ESIC + EPF contributions + 10% as service charge.

From India, Chennai
c.neyimkhan56@gmail.com

To: CiteHR Members: 11.6.2015

I am re-producing below the text of a letter of H.R.Manager of xx Company expressing difficulties he faced for Uploading Annual Returns in Karnataka Labour Department site.

“The major problem with the Official Website of Labour Department of Karnataka (e-karmika) is that we cannot do anything in it either for Registration or for Submission of Annual Returns. At the time of Registration, we had the problem and the Sr. Labour Inspector advised us to get it done with the help of Consultants. When we failed miserably to proceed with Online Registration by ourselves; we did it with the help of a Consultant paying him his fees which was around Rs. 2000.

Now we have to submit the Annual Returns. Since the Website is prepared in such a way that

no one from outside can Logint but only Consultants can do it, we are stuck. The Consultant said that the Inspector has demanded Rs.10,000 for this work and we should pay Rs.10,000 for this work. I am not prepared to pay this amount and that also for an act which a Computer literate is expected to do by himself and that is simply the objective of Online processes.

It is oaky, if we pay some Rs. 2,000 to a Consultant because his primary duty is doing some work for others and collecting fee which is acceptable to both. Here, the amount demanded is not just a fees but it includes an amount to be given to the Officer.

We are ready with what are all documents required to be uploaded but waiting for Admin powers to do it which is not given to a user but is given to Consultants only. The funniest thing is that the Consultants are able to log in and do it without knowing our user id and password!!

I request the Members especially from Karnataka to enquire about this case and suggest possible solution to save law-abiding people from the harassment of greedy Labour Officers. While some nominal charges have tobe paid to do business- blocking the facility for the indented people and making it available for few is un-thinkable.

When the Govt. has introduced e-karmika & other measures to speed up routine submission of Returns etc., these greedy Labour Officers are harassing Co.officials and delay the process. It is requested that Sr.Officers take note of such mal-practices in the Dept. and take action against erring officials.

, HR Consultant

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.