archnahr

THE BRICK

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down

when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown The angry driver

then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against

a parked car shouting, "What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?" The young boy was apologetic. "Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do," He pleaded. "I threw the brick because no one else would stop...." With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. "It's my brother, "he said "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up."

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay. "Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger. Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy! push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home.

It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: "Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!" God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not.

Thought for the Day:

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.

If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.

He sends you flowers every spring.

He sends you a sunrise every morning Face it, friend - He is crazy about you!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Read this line very slowly and let it sink in....

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

If people are not ready to change ask them to read this story, if they are going to fast post them this story.

Cheers

Archna

From India, Delhi
srinaren

Hi Archna,
What a wonderful story you picked up posted here! I feel it is though common warning to every individual, it is more applicable for the people who have to be responsive to others. Don't you think being HR people we should not wait somebody to throw a brick on us? Sorry Archna, I always go round the HR people, I can't avoid it. So much we, as HR people has to do to the working class! Please correct me if I am wrong!
-Srinaren

From India, Bangalore
archnahr

Hi Srinaren,
I will not let anybody throw a brick on me, whatever th case may be, be it my personal life or professional life.
I posted this story because when I read this, I felt the same thing you did.
As an HR person we should provide the solutions rather than discussing about the problem for long.
Cheers
Archna

From India, Delhi
devjit28

Hi Archna,
Wonderful post. It applies not just to HR people but anybody and everybody. If everybody was just a little more responsive and just a little more caring, many problems of the world would disappear.
Warm regards,
Devjit

From India, Gurgaon
dheerajgoyal

Hi Archana ..
This is like a mantra for life .. Only a small openeness & vigilance on our part towards the society at large could bring sea change..
Such experiences are really soul shaking ..
Hope all of us live upto a 'human in being' ..
Regards
Dheeraj :!:

From India, Calcutta
archnahr

Hi Devjit, Dheeraj and Alok,
Thanks fr appreciating the story, but just reading and appreciating will not work, you all have to implement this thing in oyur life, even if any one of you succeed in doing so, my purpose of life will be fulfilled.
Cheers
Archna

From India, Delhi
srinaren

Hi Archna,
You are right! For many people it is a story which makes you to express some feelings for sometime and later just vanishes as something new comes in. For some people, this should be the pathway for achieving something in lilfe. There is some purpose to this birth. We may be fortunate as we can listen to the suppressed, depressed, snubbed people around and if we can be responsive, I feel we have done justice to our birth. Personally, I take these type of things very very seriously and in fact I am engaged in these type of activities also.
Anyway thanks a lot, as I have found a person who is so concerned about people.
-Srinaren

From India, Bangalore
archnahr

Hi Srinaren,
Thanks a lot.
I'm also happy to find a like minded person on this forum. I'm really anxious to know what all the things you are involved in for helping others.
Hope we will have more people joining in for this.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
Archna

From India, Delhi
megha_1734

hey archana.. hi ! a very touching story.. has a very deep meaning.. excellent post.. keep it up !! Regards, Megha..
From India, Nasik
aravindmba
hi It was a marvelous story, i felt more comfortable after after going through the last lines especialy. thank you for posting such an wondrful story. with Regards Aravind
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.