No Tags Found!

shoOOonya

I would suggest you make an impressive visually appealing presentation with graphs and clear concise bullet points.

My suggestion is that you make this presentation at the end of one month !

At the end of the presentation you can inform that you will make the next one at the end of second month and the final one at the end of the third one or on achievement of target whichever is earlier.

In the PPT you can highlight the fact that you had achived 25% of the target in 10 days which is approx. 11% of the time allocated. use graphs etc.

use minimal words and more pics if possible.

Refer to slideshare.net for ideas on how to make presentation.

I know that good work gets rewarded by more work but i guess thats the way corporate world works ... Only if you meet and exceed expectations can u ensure customer (here your boss) delight and subsequent results in appraisals.

Reason i am suggesting periodic updates and progress reporting is that it will give confidence to both, You and yoru Boss. Your boss will gain a lot of confidence in you and your capability on seeing your progress. Also, he will and can give you feedback on what and how you have done things. This will add to your confidence and also give u a chance to improve. maybe you end up completing your target within 2 days !!

Also, it will highlight your 'proactiveness' in going ahead in reporting progress which is a good charachteristic !

All the Best !!

From Switzerland, Geneva
kmlnayyar
You have completed just one milestone. It will be better that you first complete the thing and then make a presentation on the same. regards, kamal Nayyar
From India, Thana
rao_sunanda

hi Just put a salutation and attach the file u worked upon and send it and ask him he needs the work in the same format as given by you or specifically on some different aspect.
From India, Delhi
R. narasimhan
Dear Radha,
There are good bosses in this wolrd my dear. Don't be in hurry. Complete your 100 % job and you can present it. Allways think positive. Even if you are dumped with more work or the time schedule is reduced it is only going to test your capacity. when you complete that the amount of satisfaction you get can not be compensated with anything. Also you will grow and any sincere work will definetely pay.
"All expansion is life, All contraction is death"
- Swami Vivekananda.
I love you,
Narasimhan.

From India, Madras
Raj Kumar Hansdah

My Dear friends
Its not about being over-burdened with work later nor about good vs. bad boss.
The point at issue is, Whether there is any need to "IMPRESS" the boss with just 10% of work completed?
In that case, after 20% is over, then should she go to the boss again with another presentation? And then when 30% is completed, 40% is copleted....etc and so on and so forth. ????
If a progress report has been sought for, at regular interval; then everything is fine and in order.
Other-wise, why does Radha need to IMPRESS (?!) her boss ?
To Show her smartness and efficiency ??
To score over her peers and colleague ??
What is her hidden agenda ????
Well, I recall what one of the HR Prof. at IIM-C had to say, on the topic of "Impression Management" :
"Every morning a hen lays an egg, a single egg; and then cackles around whole afternoon, telling the world that it has laid an egg !!!"
Well dear, what is the rush ?
One should wait till the chickens are hatched.
Regards.

From India, Delhi
varunbansal5
Basically, we should maintain balance. If the target is completed in very short span, definitely chances are you will end up being overworked.
From India, Gurgaon
devendrapatel13
Dear
I think you have to give reports or inform status of your projects on daily basis which is given to u. and also trying to give plan of action with activities for completing of your remaing work with deadlines so this will help you to achieve your targets before given time and also help to build trust.
reports like your target, plan of action, how to achieve it (Stretergy),when it will be completed,who is responsible,what types of activites to be done on daily basis and also prepare check points to evaluate your self,and also add resons of not achieving or not completing particluar day's activity.
I dont agree with shika
Please coment
Regards
Devendra Patel

From India, Ahmadabad
Shane SB
I am agreeing with Asha. All companies and boss are not same. If Shika is able to achieve her three month target within one month,her boss definitely consider her for higher posts. Dont organize in terms of Personality instead of it orginizes in terms of WORK & RESULT.
From India, Pune
Anuja Prabhu

Dear Sri Radha,
Donot blow our trumpet before completing the work Do it and then only speak to your boss. But ensure that you are not waiting over time (late ) to complete your work, because that means that you would actually require 3 months. And check how ur boss is before speaking, not all the bosses are same. And if you are the one who likes challenges and little hardwork doesnt matter, go ahead ...........do it.........
Bcos these days if you dont tlk chances are you will not be noticed..........so take control of your situation
Regards
Anuja

From India, Mumbai
singh1942
Doing 25% must be easier but as you proceed near to 100% it will take more time and requires accuracy.
so first complete as soon as possible..........u will c that due course of time u will increase your effeciancy and corporate image.
do it.............

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.