sumit071

Dear Indian Rebel

From your comments, its clear that the HR deptt in your organisation has certainly bothered you. Obviously an unsatisfied employee is a major cause of concern for HR. I have something to say as I witnessed something similar during my internship last year.

But sir, before pointing fingers at HR people in your organisation, you have to get to the root. Unless there is support from the top mgt, people at any deptt not just HR are handicapped.

If your organisation is only concerned about productivity with little focus on its human resources and that must be coming straight from the CMD or CEO. So in such a case you just cant blame HR people.

As the feedback goes, I am not a professional, still a student. But during my Summer Internship, I witnessed a lot of employees like you and I found the answer straight from the GM HR. He said that unless the organisation stresses on the 'HUMAN' aspect, nothing much can be done.

Just think about it sir. As you said that VP and Manager levels are exceptions, when they themselves don't get the support from the top, then what can the lower level managers do?

If the organisation gives utmost importance to its human resources, then obviously the lower managers cant delay the feedback for long.

I end my reply with this simple situation from our daily lives.

What happens when we call up the Customer Care of our mobile service provider and lodge our complaints?

We just yell at the guy and ask him for justifications, don't we?

But the fact remains that he is just a customer care guy and the problem solving department is that of the technical people.

Think about it!

Sumit

From India, Bhubaneswar
ashok pal

i am in govt. service. i dont have any experience of private company. but my friends and juniors who are in private sector, say like this as india lebel said.
From India, Indore
HR AUTOMAG

From the cristal clear opinion posted on the site, it is evident that you are really a genius guy. Though you are from IT field, you have an ability to cross the boundaries and peep into other areas. This is a good quality. Keep it up.

However, please note that I am in the field of Human Development since last 27 years and have changed number of people 360 degree.

To me, your venting out is a positive change. At least you could express your feelings. Please note that HR is meant to develop persons like you to their fullest potential.

For that you will have to understand the purpose of putting these people in the organisation. In British regim, there was no HR. Only Administration was present and they were doign policing / controlling. Now with the increased literacy level, there is no need to control the people. They are to be guided and facilitated for their personal as well as organisational growth by identifying the training needs scientifically and nurturing them to become partners in decision making.

Most of the complaints you narated like food quality, satisfaction feed back etc. are related to development and are not entirely in the hands of HR guys. If you pay peanuts, you will get monkeys. Whether the cook or canteen contractor are really professional is a question.

My request to you is please go to the people about whom you are complaining. Ask them for any help / suggestions and if they ask for, provide them. They are the persons, who really need support from top, which seesm to be missing in your organisation. If you join them, you together can change the picture. Let me caution you here, it is very difficult task, because they will doubt at the first instance about your intention. "The person who was complaining for lot many days, how come he has come to us for extending help" will be their reaction. Never mind, if you genuinely intend to make positive change, be confident, your every effort will pay you enormously.

HR AUTOMAG

Pune

From India, Pune
HR AUTOMAG

please do not forget to intimate me, in case you have taken first step towards your journey to success.
From India, Pune
niraj.bharadwaj

Dear Mr India_rebel,

I am a Sr HR proffessional with almost 25+ trs of experience both in Armed forces and recently in Pvt Sector.

Let me clarify wee bit.

HR people are very powerful people due to the responsibility of the whole organisation on their shoulders and any wrong act of theirs can have a larger fallout compared to an IT proffessional, whose act will not have a grave consequence beyond his sphere of operation.

Hence getting an HR person on purely on reference basis can be disastrous for that organisation.

Infact due to size of HR dept not many inefficient people can be hidden unlike the software dev dept , where due to shear size of intake all undeserving inefficient inducttees can be hidden and may even go unnoticed for a fairly long period.

In case of an HR executive , however junior, his acts will get noticed sooner than later.

HR role is all encompassing and is limitless and effects all other departments unlike the role of other depts which has its limits laid down and their performance may not necessarily affect other Depts.

Hence my request is rather than critisize whole of HR due to some HR dept personnnel, kindly sympathise with them , or better still cooperate with them, and see them serve you better!!

I have the highest regards for those IT professionals who come and share their thoughts with me or my colleagues and help us to bring about overall improvement in HR environment of the company.

yes, it our reposibility to ensure that all the HR executies, irrespective of how they have been inducted, need to fall in line with the ethos, and help in improving the HR environment.

Thanx and Warm Regards

Neeraj

From India, Mumbai
Monila Das Gupta
I R,
This forum is not to attack each other. This forum is a platform for sharing knowledge/different perspectives/suggestions on various aspects with each other. I donot think any of us should make statements like 'I am yet to meet a HR or Admin professional who has integrity and honesty intact'. To question integrity /honesty in this manner is not in a good taste.This kills the objective of this forum. Let us all be careful in future. Monila

From India, Calcutta
India_rebel

Here are my response to all who posted here.

LoveBird143:

The guys at other side will never understand how it feels when you are treated unfairly.

nrpawan:

Face the reality which is before your eyes. Ignorance is not a bliss. It costs much, believe me.

Shreem:

It requires great courage to believe in yourself and standing tall despite all odds. If you want to do your job honestly. Its you who has to stand tall despite all odds. I never quit the situation. I faced and faced it boldly. I never tolerated any form of injustice. I have been big reformer sofar. I never hesitate to escallate the any sort lazy attitude towards the duties of any HR/Admin guys. I am the first guy to blow the whistle. If you say no to any undeserving relative of anyone, you should give them enough reasons. Tell them clearly, you take no responsibility incase these guys do not perform.

Lathasri,

I need not tell what the guys do whole day. Look around, you need not to ask anyone. A question for you, when it was last time you took employee feedback your own? Be honest with us!!!. I know the answer, and It is "NEVER".

Vidhya,

Look around the industries in India. HR guys created more mess than one can sort out. People are really troubled with the attitude of these guys. Citehr is filled with the complaints and complaints only. Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look inside!!!, you have the answer.

Sparky,

There is no easy job in the world. Every job has some or other issues. It does not mean, HR will act like indian politicians. Absolutely, these folks created more problems than solutions. I understand your position.

Sumit,

It takes great courage to stand tall and build a reputation. I am glad to see you, that atleast you thought on the issues. Greedy people look for people who can compromise easily and put their values on sale for a price. Unless you are not willing, nobody can force you to become unscruplus man.

Ashok_pal,

Its not really uncommon to see the people getting no salary at the end of the resignation. HR folks create situations beyond one's imagination. These guys create a spiderweb, where weak people get stuck and powerful break that web.

HR_AUTOMAG,

I appreciate your views. Industry needs people like you who know the core. I get 5-7 recruiters calls everyday. Believe me, none of them tells the truth. Either they have wrong information or lie about the position. One popular lie is, we have onsite position.

I have been big change player. I refused to be a spectator. If it affects me, I take action, I get involved. I try to sort it out with suggestions. If I feel suggestions have gone waste, I open escallations, starting from manager to VP and CEO levels. I have seen two types of situation arising, either person would mend his ways, or leave the job. HR guys come to the office like celebrities and act like no-less-than kings. I dont have problem with that. Do whatever you want to do, BUT do your job for which you have been hired. Believe me, if an IT manager starts doing the audit of HR department work, half of the guys will loose their job.

Surely, I am taking your advise seriously. Please remain connected!!!. Change can not come by being spectator, We have to get involved. Neutral person always support injustice.

Niraj.Bhradwaj,

Great respects to your exprience. You know whats good, whats not good for organization. We need more people like you. Its great to see that all lines to you are open for people in your org. Volluntarily connecting to employees always help. Taking stand on whats right, requires great courage. If you are heading HR anywhere, just keep an eye on your team. I will suggest you to do a test. Give them one paper to each of them, and ask them to write the names of the employees in organization they know. Less scorring people need to open up themselves and meet more people in organization. Its basic job of HR to meet the employees. Ask them to meet people as many as they can. It is a great bridge.

Monila,

If rings do not bell in the ears, its not fault of ring. We are on a track of discussing the issues related to HRs the problems. Surely we are not attacking anyone. We are not bad people. We are nice people, its just that we are little angry over the way we are treated by HR in many organizations. Hope you will understand.

=======================

Thanks and warm regards to all. I am not done yet. I will post part2 very soon which is about hiring these HR people do for other teams. I am going to uncover everything I know. There is much to come.

=======================

Meanwhile, If you have more to discuss about the issues we are talking here, you are most welcome.

From India, Ghaziabad
sumant_jo
Wow, I have been trying to get a job in HR for the last three months and visit this site many times. I am ex-navy and let me tell you, this finger pointing takes place everywhere. Every department thinks that others aren't doing anything and this is dangerous for the organisation as a whole. when you point a finger, remember that three are pointing your way too. If you think others aren't doing anything and getting paid, go join them yourself, why whine and complain? So HR points at others and others do the same. I think this forum isn't about pointing fingers, let us find solutions. True HR is responsible for morale but then when things are going this bad, it is the top brass who are generally to blame. There always are those bad apples in every organisation. You just have to get your way around them. So cool down guys and stop the slanging match. Remember that you are part of the same team.
From India, Pune
Vidyas

Hi all,
Good comments going on..
I have a doubt and a request to all HR's
Can a candidate ask for the feedback when he/she is not got selected in the interview...for whatever be the reason...coz that helps them to take care of what really went wrong and not to fail further. Offcourse there may be so many criterias which HR has to consider but even this when explained or been told helps a lot in their career.
My request to all HR's can you please take a moment out of ur busy scheduled days to tell them why they didnt get selected, what lacked and what they need to improve.
Some candidates might hesitate to ask for the reason but dear HR's you can take a initiative, tell them on the spot or even give a courtecy call. This will definitely a great help and could be a good service as well.
This is my personal opinon and dont know how many of you positive with it. If am wrong do not consider.
Thank you
Vidya

From India, Mumbai
Lovebird143

Vidhya,
The HR they will not care about the candidate who has spent money, time on attending the interview, they will only see, that the interview is a hoax one, they get time to spend the day, timepass the day and in the end recruit a recommended candidate.. AND IF U WANT TO SURVIVE IN HR, U HAVE TO BE BAD,, AND DO ALL SORTS OF WRONGS

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.