No Tags Found!

shreyas_dave2001
Hi,
I feel that painting holy pictures on the wall will not solve the problem.
According to me one must have a regular (at least weekly) meeting with the workers and it needs to be explained to them that the place where we are spending more time then even our house needs to be kept clean.
My experience says that it is easy to make understand the less educated people than highly educated ones.
If you will explain them properly the importance of cleanliness at the work place, successfully, I think your problem will get solved.
Regards.
Shreyas Dave
Muscat

abedeen7

Dear Dash,
This was the same problem that we had faced in our organization.
To eradicate this you need to have patience and following are the initiatives that we have adopted:-
1.Clean and paint the entire office premises
2.Paste pictures in the notice board that shows the ill effects of consuming gutkha and cigarette.
3.Circular to all employees that this is tobacco free zone.
4.Awareness among the employees that this is our organization and it’s our duty to keep it clean.
5.Help employees to leave habit of consuming tobacco.
6.Form squad who will do surprise check to employees.
7.At last penalty to be charged and disciplinary action to be taken.
These had worked for us and hope this will help you. It may take some months to change habits of employees. At least they will not consume in office premises.
Regard's
Shaikh

From India, Bhubaneswar
skhadir

Dear All
Most of the members had submitted their suggestions, which does work but, to an extent only. Its not that easy to have TOTAL CONTROL on EMPLOYEES or INDIVIDUAL and ELIMINATE PROBLEM (100%)

I hope you all are aware of HUMAN BEHAVIOUR(PSYCHOLOGY) which is influenced by factors like
1) ENVIRONMENT
1.1) PLACE OF WORK - OFFICIAL
1.2) PLACE OF STAY - RESIDENTIAL
2) LIVING STYLE - CLASS/STATUS
3) INFLUENCING MINDS(PEOPLE) that inculcate HABITS(GOOD or BAD) or lets says GOOD FRIENDS CIRCLE and BAD FRIENDS CIRCLE
4) EDUCATION LEVEL - LITERACY
5) KNOWLEDGE - WISDOM

BEST EXAMPLE FOR CHANGE IN HABITS, LIVING STYLE
I had learned that most of the students who went abroad to pursue higher education, they found major changes in their habits like
1) not to spit on road/walls,
2) not to litter their place(dining hall, kitchen room, bed room, wash rooms),
3) Not to throw waste material on roads and best usage of DUSTBINS, GARBAGE DISPOSAL CANS,
4) to dress well, to organize themselves, their cupboards/wardrobes,

as these are associated with individual's LIVING STYLE, HYGIENIC CONDITIONS etc promoted by the CITY/COUNTRY itself.

But, the same students(very few) who returned to India, started throwing papers on roads, spitting on roads etc ....just because they found others doing the same, without giving a thought about themselves, as they underestimated themselves and their country(INDIA)

1) what made students to change their habits when they were abroad and back in India? Is it their MINDSET which made them to behave accordingly? Is it the factors/standards associated with the country?

What i mean to say is that, THE CHANGE SHOULD COME FROM THE ROOT LEVEL. Every one should embrace and inculcate good habits irrespective of their LIVING STYLE/STANDARDS, their CLASS/STATUS etc.

Besides educating employees and helping them to gain knowledge(adverse/negative effects on their lives due to bad habits and loss incurred to their family members)There should be STRICT GUIDELINES REINFORCED stating PUNISHMENTS FOR VIOLATION, else those developed/developing countries wouldn't have brought major changes in their living style...

Its take time for one to get rid of bad habits and the change is associated with the factors that often remind them about consequences(they may pay huge price) "for not embracing or inculcating either good habits or not changing themselves"....

Keep sharing knowledge.....

Have a nice day..

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Yaasmin

Form squad who will do surprise check to employees. I think this will be one of the best among above said solutions.
From India, Mumbai
abedeen7

Dear Yaasmin, Thanks for your appreciation. Dear Khadir, I fully agree with your view, our behaviour mostly depends upon the enviorment in which we live. Regard’s Shaikh
From India, Bhubaneswar
skhadir

Dear Ms. Yaasmin,
The solution should be designed and implemented in such a way, It should not be a reason/cause to make employees fight among themselves and create instability or additional problems or loss of unity etc
"Form squad who will do surprise check to employees"
SQUAD - whom do you suggest to be included in the SQUAD. Existing Employees or SECURITY GUARDS?
One should study the POST CONSEQUENCES of any solution before it is implemented. Kindly to take help of VISUALIZATION TECHNIQUES/STRATEGIES.
with profound regards

From India, Chennai
nashbramhall

Though by and large what Khadir says is true, unless there are sanctions in place like in Singapore people do behave differently. For example, in one university campus, the students chew gums and spit that on the tarmac. To get rid of the white/gray blotches it takes a lot of time and money. Same goes for cmokers throwing stubs.
People taking their dogs for a walk allow the dogs to foul others' gardens and, after bagging the dog's muck throw it away on the street when no one is wtching.
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
kkanirudhan

1. keep spittoons 2. give training in-attitude change, health & hygiene,do culture building exercise in the organization.
From India, Kochi
boss2966

Hope this idea may work out to stop even chewing tobacco.
Please arrange a medical check up camp for all employees, preferably with spouse.
Make some presentation on chewing of Tobacco and smoking and its impacts/effects on health.
you can take the source from Health Risks Related to Spit Tobacco (Chewing Tobacco or Snuff) - Cancer - Everyday Health <link updated to site home> and prepare.
The presentation must end up with environmental and healthy living atmosphere too.
Please try and confirm whether it works are not
All the best

From India, Kumbakonam
vikash1017

Hi Bhaskar,
The idea is good but at the same time, it is a time consuming process and will take more than a year to control the situation.
and again if you are not imposing any financial implication, the discipline couldn’t come.

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.