No Tags Found!

Sudipta

Thank you Pushpa for your reply...It'll really help me in my future proceedings...As I told you there is no training culture in our company as Providing training is considered to be the wastage of Time and whatever effort I'v done is solely my own....and the ned analysis etc everything is by "spoon feeding"....
How to proceed alone....

From India, Gurgaon
anupama sinha
hi its anupama again well i am not getting a single reply or material. i need a project report on training evaluation and effectiveness... please please help me id-
as soon as possible, regards, anupama

From India, Bangalore
rkulkarni3827
Hi,
I am so glad to see that the HR like you are really interested to upgrade our people to great extend.
first if you do the training need identification in two stage
1) training need identification by employee himself
2) training need identification by the supervisor
and just compare these two and find the authenticate / correct training area.
in this procedure you are involving the employee and the management both so the importance of training and the motivation is given to both the end.
then pre and post evaluation is very important for the right / correct evaluation of the training effectiveness.
you are not suppose to evaluate only for the technical knwoledge but the beheverioal aspect also.
you will find the true upgradation of the employee and also the develope the good culture so that you will find the difference while conducting the training programme for the second time.
with regards,
rahul

From India
manjali

Hi sudipta,

so far i understand your problem is evaluating the training program in terms of cost and time.

if thats true, then try calculating the above costs mentioned as under:

Fixed capital cost

Maintenance or working capital cost

trainer cost

direct training cost

external training cost

Trainee cost.

The total of all above cost will will help in obtaining the cost of training but not the value received from training that covers the increase in knowledge, skill and attitudes, the increase in work capacities, and decrease in undesirable events and practices.

In order to do this you need to assess the pre training performance; post training objective and actual post training results and you can evaluate it on quarterly basis.

the simple equation to assess that is :

Financial value of change/effect achieved X 100

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cost of training process X 1

this will help you calculate the %age business return on investment on quarterly basis.and i believe will help u convince your mgmt the effectiveness of training organised by u.

Rgds

Manjali

From India, Delhi
rashmi farkiya
Hi all,
Can anbody help me for training effectiveness calculator .My project topic is evaluting training effectiveness in which I would like to add ROI.But to calculate ROI I have no adequte tool. Please help me urgently..i.d.

From India
deepak1603
Hi Sudipta,
In my experience of managing training for organizations, I have not come across any organization which goes to the extent of calculating ROI for training.
According to my view, you should have a targeted approach to this. Do not do this for all the trainings.
At the time when a Training Need is initiated, there should be a discussion with the Manager on what he or she is expecting to be achieved because of the training. Have some performance measures worked out. For e.g Productivity or rate of defects. Have a 30/60/90 days feedback on the performance measures from manager post the training.
This can be converted into a monetary value. This will give a clear ROI for the training department and show what value add it does...
I hope this gives some inputs...Please feel free to contact.
Regards,
DA

From India, New Delhi
anuj_great
Hi to all' I am anuj singh. I am working in steel plant in hr dept. i am very much needy about format of training effectiveness. Would you please help me. Thanks ANUJ SINGH
From India, Indore
bhavesh upadhyay

Dear All,
Hi! I am working with manufacturing indurstry and we are having inhouse training as well as out house also, but there is no system to check the effectiveness of programme and also feedback analysis system, so if somebody have the same please guide me and help me out...
regards,
bhavesh upadhyay

From India, Mumbai
RedMad

Hello Mr. Bhavesh. I have one program with which you can check the effectiveness on the training sessions. Can you please tell me which city are you located in and your contact details.
From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Madhav Reddy - Training Programs & Details.pdf (77.8 KB, 1018 views)

Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mr Bhavesh Upadhyay,

Before going ahead with the training programme, you should create mechanism to ensure that its implementation is done. Not many companies are able to do that.

Lot of follow up is required after the training. Convince your management first to assign this task to someone of follow up and then go ahead with the training.

There is always a situation wherein:

(a) post-training feedback was very good but no change was seen in the operations.

(b) After the training, for a week or so there was change in behaviour of the participants. Situation is back to square one after that.

With proper follow-up you can avoid above situations. Another important thing is to link learning to performance appraisal. Once you do that, there will be obvious change, though per force.

Lastly, failure to implement learning should be taken seriously. As long as there is no discipline, you cannot ensure that implementation of learning happens.

The query that you have asked does not fall within purview of training professionals. This is HR challenge. Training increases competency. Maintaining levels of competencies to the desired level is HR job and not training professionals job. Of course both need to work in tandem. But in this case HR has to override training.

Let me quote here what Abigail Adams has said - "Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardour and attended to with diligence".

Alas one had employees who seek learning with ardour and attend it with due diligence, then probably the world would have been far different and simple place to live in!

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.