No Tags Found!

kumarga5
Dear Sir,
I wish your expert advice on following.
I wish to resign from my current job as I have a suitable offer from other company. My notice period is of 60 Days.
I wish to join the next company as early as possible. s can only provide 15days utmost. What will the company do in this case. My reporting manager is informed by me and he may accept my resgination but can he waive the notice period?
2. My reason for change is that my company has not paid salaries to any of the employees from last 4 months and it is not possible to continue any more without salary. Many employees who got jobs have already moved out. Will the company recover the notice period amount from my pending salaries?
3. My intention of leaving the company is actually a forced one as it is not possible to continue without salary. The company knows this very well and there are not many assignements or active works which are going on.
Please suggest.

From India, Kolkata
Sharmila Das

Doesn’t really matter, what-so-ever is the reason. For you need a job, keep your conscience working. Good Luck.......!!
From India, Visakhapatnam
citizen1502

Hi Kumar,
You can go ahead with what Ms. Sharmila shared above. In addition to that if you are afraid of Legal formalities it's purely depend on what is there in the paper because everyone need a valid proof to justify them and if it's against you then it's your bad. Please read the Offer letter/Appointment Letter/any Employment Agreement which is duly signed by you and your employer? If so read it thoroughly then you can count on your own decision.
There is a possibility if you didn't serve your notice period you wont be rewarded fully and also you wont get the service certificate
But in your case since they didn't provided Salary for past 4 months i don't think they would reward you even if you serve notice period. So it's better to choose right path and go ahead based on that.
All the best on your future endeavors.. Cheers ....

From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Suri.Babu

Dear friend,
The advice given by the above members holds good.
However, I would like to suggest you that, because your company failed to pay salary for the last 4 months, you may submit a detailed letter to your company stating the circumstances leading to your quitting the job and request them for waiver of the 60 days notice period, on the grounds of the failure of the Company for payment of salary for the last 4 months, and request them to get relief as early as possible. This kind of intimation to the Company before leaving prior to notice period, will certainly strengthens your case for relief, and taking up another assignment, in the interest of natural justice, and further you have some legal stand in future.
It is always better to relieve from a company in good terms rather than taking a decision unilaterally without intimation to the employer.
Best of luck
Suri Babu Komakula

From Canada, Calgary
Vivian Chandrashekar

Dear Mr. Kumarga5,
Please cite the reasons for resignation as 'since I have not received my Salary last 4 months, I am constrained to resign with immediate effect for my subsistence, existence (If you are married or having dependent parent mention that you are the only bread winner and without salary existence itself difficult) and under these circumstance, giving 60 days notice is not possible when existence without salary is difficult for another 60 days.
Alternatively, if the company feels that 60 days notice is must, then my entire salary has to be released failing which...
Conclude stating 'under these circumstance, I request you to waive the notice period and relieve me immediately'.

From India, Bangalore
Sharmila Das

Dear Mr. Vivian Chandrasekhar - Citing any reasons for a resignation will serve no good to a abating company in paying him his salary. No company in its dwindling stage will even force any employee to serve notice. I can closely foresee that a simple resignation will do Mr. Kumarga5's purpose to company's enticement. Provided employers too should understand their dicey circumstance further releiving employee's documents.
We shall await Mr. Kumarga5's retort on his view on acquainting this part.

kumarga5
Dear Member,

I personally thank you all for expert and helpful views shared for me. I have taken a stand have put my papers. I have requested the o releive me on 31st as i wish to join the next company from the first day of next FY. I have had discussions with my reporting boss and atleast for now verbally he supports my decision.

I have made the resignation very simple. Mentioned in below text.

"" Dear Sir,

I am rendering my resignation from XXX Ltd. in my role as XXXXX with immediate effect. I wish to continue till 31st of March 2013 and humbly seek an acceptance to this resignation.

I am moving on to other organization but let me mention that this is a pure personal decision in view of my family requirements. I have had support of all my seniors and colleagues and but for the uncalled circumstances, I deeply regret leaving the company.

I am sure you will understand my situation and help me in smoothly moving on in my career.

At last I wish to assure you that I will be readily available to work with you in future also if the company finds me fit in a suitable role.

Kindly accept my resignation and direct HR for my relieving.

Thanks & regards""""

I will keep the group posted on this.

thanks

From India, Kolkata
Sharmila Das

Dear Mr. Kumarga5,
Appreciate your decision. We at Cite forum definitely support the right-views, to the extent that you were facing tribulations with the employer not paying salary was definitely a BIG ISSUE. Consequently, your request to resignation acceptance from employer is "WELL PUT UP" bu make sure you get it before you exit. Also, a best practise is many employees often ask their managers/bosses for recommendation letter for future jobs (which not only shun but sheer clear of any bad notes that employer (if) likes to draw attention for.
(on behalf of CiteHR) We wish you ALL THE BEST for your future endeavours.
Cheers..............................

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.