No Tags Found!

kumaresank

As the HOLIDAYS ACT a "minimun" of 4 National Holidays & 5 Festival Holidays days should be granted. National holiday had been fixed in Act whereas Festival holidays as per choice of managment & workmen.
From India, Tiruchchirappalli
maliniluky

Give them two options :
Option 1 : No changes in the current Holiday list i.e, Holidays falling on sundays wil not be displayed in Holiday list as they allow compensation. Already 4days is given.
(or)
Option 2 : Holiday List will show the complete list of holidays for a year including those falling on sundays but no compensation is allowed.
Let them decide. Tell them clearly that its upto them to decide either they seek Option 1 or 2, but both is not allowed at the same point of time because as per HR Policies and Management decision only 11days leave is allowed per annum and if they combine both the options then the number of holidays will increase and this is against the policy.
Stick on to these options and never allow them to speak anything apart from this. Surely this issue will get closed.

From India, Madras
Vasant Nair

I will appeal to all members to please understand the queries being made, consider the responses they wish to offer carefully an donly then write such responses.
Mr.Khola has rightly pointed out that experience has nothing to do with Leave or Holidays.
The current query is about Holidays not Leave.
Normally, Three National Holidays....26th January, 15th August and 2nd October are mandatory. A Minimum of four days over and above these four mandatory National Holidays are given in a year. This makes it a total of 7 days of National & Festival Holidays in a year.
However there may be some variation in the State Rules in this regard. It would be best to read the provisions of respective State Rules and then finalize the List of National & Festival Holidays for the year.
Cheers!!!
Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
Roshni R

Hello
Thanks for your comments
Our company is located in Mumbai.
we have given 4 National Holidays [26 Jan, 1 May, 15 Aug & 2 Oct] and 7 Festivals. As Bhaubeej falls on Sunday, hence it was removed from the list and other leave was given. But now the staffs say that if at all Bhaubeej falls on Sunday, it should appear on the list. and if we do so, the total holidays will be 12. And as per our co. policy, we can give only 11 Holidays......

From India, Mumbai
phaniacp

dear roshini as one said above there are two types of leaves they are national & festival holidays. Upto a max/min u r allowed to 11 days including 15/08; 26/01; 2/10; (1/5) --> optional and compulsory for manufacturing unit.
for more details refer to your state laws for holidays and festival - these are all refer to paid holidays

From India, Warangal
N. K. Jagtap
Please note that there is difference between Weekly Off (one day rest after working 6 days i.e. as per factory Act, 1948) and Holidays (26th January, 15th August, 2nd October and five other minimum holidays decided by each company independently as as per National Festival Holidays Act).
thanks & regards
NKJ

From India, Karwar
sourabh.dwivedi
Hi there,
For national holidays there is nothing called as com. OFF according to labour law, As labour law clearly states that on these holidays , employee should not be working ( Either from office or from home) exception is with public holidays. Company have rights to make employee work on public holiday and provide a com. Off to employee but it is again managment discretion to provide such kind of off's , keeping in mind that this com. off should be provided to employee in the current financial year and it can not be carried forward.
Feel free to post your queries if you did't understood anything out of it
Regards,
Sourabh Dwivedi
Business Development Manager & Head HR

From India, Mumbai
Mohammad Aslam
Dear colleagues
I have been given an assignment to develop a pager on Referral Bonus System (i.e. if any existing staff refer or bring highly talented staff/employee from outside who will be an asset for the organization will be given Referral Bonus or Incentive)
I would appreciate if anyone comes across this kind of literature or Articles, kindly share with me so that based on that I can develop the paper.

From Pakistan, Karachi
Mohammad Aslam
Dear colleagues
I have been given an assignment to develop a pager on Referral Bonus System (i.e. if any existing staff refer or bring highly talented staff/employee from outside who will be an asset for the organization will be given Referral Bonus or Incentive)
I would appreciate if anyone comes across this kind of literature or Articles, kindly share with me so that based on that I can develop the paper.

From Pakistan, Karachi
V V Prasad CS
Dear Roshni,
1. Only Earned Leaves / Paid holidays are mandatory under Labor laws.
2. Casual Leaves are as per convention are between 10 to 12 days per year. These can be preferably 12, as can be spread equally over each calender month.
3. Shops & Establishments Act declare every year specific 10 days as holidays. These include Republic day, Gandhi Jayanthi, May day, some festivals falling on working days etc. These Ten days are mandatory holidays.
Hope you, now, stand clarified comprehensively.
V V PRASAD CS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.