Vicksaddu

help in Presentation on the topic any one can steer the ship in calm waters. Tomorrow is my interview and need to relate this to a BPO industry
From India, Mumbai
nashbramhall

What help are you seeking? Why not put your thoughts here and seek help to improve upon it.
I searched the web for that quote and found a few links at Google
I suggest that you study the content in the links and please tell us how you will approach the question.

From United Kingdom
Vicksaddu

I'm trying this..........what you suggests

Anyone can steer the ship in calm waters

As the statement suggests that, when there are no challenges, anyone can run the show. What will set you apart in your career is how you perform during the tough times. Don't become content and relax just because things are going well.

Plan ahead for the downturn

There are examples when big companies collapsed which were once leading the market.

Orkut

Kodak

Motorola

Nortel

Why orkut died??

Here I am going to discuss 5 reasons which i feel where responsible for orkut’s death which was inturn commited by current social networking Giant Facebook

1. User interest – Orkut captured users because of its interesting profile system, communities, groups etc. But as we say Humans tend to lose interest if not provided with regular change. Orkut tried to change its user interface but it was too late and messy.

2. User Applications – Users Were no more interested in the traditional peeping into each other profiles and were in need of something interactive ,applications were introduced but even they could not hold people on.

3. Lack Of Products – Orkut failed to introduce new products at the right time, by which i mean both the business and social products for different type of users.

4. Negative Publicity – And thanks to all the issues related privacy, bugs, hacking and so on people started moving away from it, which led to its Natural Death.

The last but not the least

5. The so called Blue Poison FACEBOOK – Now nobody imagined this thing that a college created social site would grow so much due to its freshness and right things.

From India, Mumbai
nashbramhall

Your effort is much appreciated. I also suggest that you look at a successful company like Toyota and how it turned around when facing trouble.
Toyota India | Etios leads to doubling of share
Toyota plans to sell 9.7 million vehicles in 2012 - Yahoo! Finance

From United Kingdom
nashbramhall

Dear Vicksaddu, Please let us know how your presentation was received. It will help other candidates.
From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.