No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I am working as an HR Executive in a factory of a online grocery company in Kolkata. Can somebody help me in formulating the Leave Policy for my company. Please suggest the types of leaves and encashment policy for the same. As per the Indian Labour laws and West Bengal Factory Act, how many leaves are mandatory for an organisation?
From India, Kolkata
saswatabanerjee

Leave required to be provided under factory act is :

1 weekly off after every 6 days of work
1 day of paid leave for every 20 days worked
(days worked includes weekly off)

This paid holiday accrues at the end of each calendar year and is to be used in the next year.

Apart from this, you need to see the Standing Orders that applies to your factory for other leaves that may be compulsory.

From India, Mumbai
nanu1953

It is essential to frame a leave policy for the organization. As it is Factory, the minimum obligation under the factories act must be fulfilled i.e one day annual leave for 20 days of actual work. It is also essential to have one certified Standing Orders if the number of workmen is 50 and above ( For WB).

Moreover, there should be some paid holidays, some casual leave as per the practice of the State. If all workmen is covered under ESIC, then medical leave will be covered as per ESI rules and regulations. If there is female employee, maternity leave will also be applicable.

It will be also better if you collect data from similar organizations at WB for comparison.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)
CEO -- USD HR Solutions
98310 81531

From India, New Delhi
hr-factory
Why H.R. Department Factory License Documentation.
From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.