No Tags Found!

rsmr2009
Hi all seniors,
Please guide me -
a) I have already got registration of contractors who are providing us labours,
b) Now, one of the contractors changed and new contractor has joined and is providing labour more than 20;
As there is changes in the registration certificate due to change in the contractor, should I take new Registration Certificate from Labour Commissioner.
Thanks & regards,
R. Narwal

From India, New Delhi
Uday Kodati

Hi,
Yes. You need to renewal your certificate as and now you have new contractors added. The contractor needs to deposit some amount of Rs.50 for each labour and it is refundable. Pls visit your nearest LO so that they can guide you in a right direction.
Thanks,
Uday Kodati

From India, Srikakulam
JAWEDALAM

Hi,
As I know, Registration as per CL (R&A) Act is given for employing contract labour on certain jobs (in which the Principal Employer wants to deploy contractors, except for those which are prohibited) and a list of Contractors is attached with the Registration certificate. So, i think if only the Contractor changes and not the job changes or inclusion/exclusion of job is done, there is no need to amend your registration and only you need to send Form VIB and an intimation is required to be given as per Rule 18 (4) of the Contract Labour (R&A) Rules, towards inclusion of new contractor.
JawedAlam

From India, Dhanbad
Parvathishetty

Hi Jawed
I have canteen contractor and their total manpower is only four.
Please suggest me that whether i should update the same in contract labour Registration certificate and are they eligible under contract labour act
Rgds/parvathi

From India, Mumbai
R.N.Khola

Dear Parvathi,
If the total no. of workers of the canteen contractor is only four even then you are required to get the amended registration certificate from the Registering Officer.Give notice of change to the R O for amendment as per the procedure as laid down in your applicable Rules. On the other hand contractor is not to take any license under this Act as he is not employing 20 or more workers with him.
[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana]R.N.KHOLA

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.