No Tags Found!

ashish_ihm2008@yahoo.com

Dear Ashlesha,
thanks for the post, i have been into Hr field only and HR is the purpose of my life, i want to grow into HR domain only, but salecting hotel industry is familiar for me, thus i would be easier for me to rise up the ladder, but the thng would be that my interview is on 4th May and what would i reply if the HR director asks me about my frequent job changes as i m applying for post of HR officer, if i m not selected should i start for looking jobs or wait for somemore time,

From India, Calcutta
Tushar_Kulkarni

Hi all
When an HR rejects a candidate his mindset is of an "HR" an employee who is recruiting on behalf of the company, so on his point of view in that position he is right. Were as when the same "HR" person changes the job, he is thinking on & for his own, remember HR is also a common man. So in both the situations the approach of the HR person is correct.
Tushar
HR Officer

From India, Pune
skhadir

Dear Ashlesha
To an extent you had understood my query related to this thread. Ofcourse there is a BLAME GAME and i found fault at both ends HR & EMPLOYEE. I hope you will agree with this.

In order to meet my ex-organisation's demand, I had recruited FACULTY DOCTORS & ENGINEERS, by paying more salary. In other words, to be precise, to meet our requirements, we had to pay more salary, where our requirements gave scope for applicants to put forward their demands. This process created demands for such PROFESSIONALS, hence they too started JOB HOPPING. Considering its disadvantages MCI and AICTE had imposed STRICT RULES/REGULATION for hiring such professionals with MINIMUM SERVICE PERIOD.

Referring your point "i don't think that after staying with a company for 1 year or 8 months, u gain sufficient knowledge that u wud quit"
It cant be a closed query. It has got many factors associated with it including domain specialization. kindly study your own reply by doing 360degree evaluation. There is no time limits for gaining knowledge because its a continuous process but, "Yes there is a MINIMUM PERIOD to serve an organisation"

My reply is very straight forward and more practical in nature. We should try our best to correct the systems rather blaming someone. You must be aware that, everyone, at every level, wish to earn more and more. Individuals earning capacity is associated with many factors. and proportional to market demand.

I sincerely hope that, you had understood what i meant by this query where you haven't replied to "JOB HOPPER.!!!!!.........Lets define this word and its associated factors, before we target HR MANAGERS and EMPLOYEES(JOB HOPPERS)"

The ROLE OF HR MANAGERS/PROFESSIONALS is quite huge when compared with other professionals in any organisations.
1)HR PROFESSIONALS are highly held responsible for DEFINING EMPLOYEE CAREER ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR FUTURE.
2) HR MANAGERS need to educate EMPLOYEES about DRAWBACKS associated with JOB HOPPING.
3) I agree that HR MANAGERS are aligning their roles with company objectives but, it is not the COMPANY which is in the limelight but, HR PROFESSIONALS. HR PROCESSIONALS must and should play a very safe game rather blamed for everything.

If you have any queries, related to my reply, feel free to get clarified. I believe in doing ROOT ANALYSIS, before i try my best to solve any query instead of focusing on the current thread because, always, we should try to present a permanent solution rather just solving present solution.

Hope you understood what i mean to convey......Kindly do align your PERCEPTION LEVEL with MINE. Infact, we all need to align our perception level. Only then, you will be able to understand whatever i meant to convey.

Do feel free to correct me, even if i am right....

Good luck guys.......

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Tushar_Kulkarni

Dear All,
In my view we must never consider employee & HR on the same platform. An employee is just an employee, and the HR person is an employee and as well as a part of the management. So when he is recruiting he is acting on behalf of the management and has the responsibility of hiring the employees which will have long term association with the organization. So if he rejects the hoppers it is his / hers duty.
But when it comes to the HR changing jobs frequently, as I said earlier he is also an employee and has a right to explore for growth.
Another point is, I have seen many employees switching jobs merely for monetary benefits. But apart from just financial reasons many (almost majority) HR switch jobs for satisfaction, new challenges, dignity, etc.
That is why i would say that HR's job hoping is justified, and not of other employees.
Regards
KT

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.