doris18
Hi, Request response. I am working as a professional in an unregistered co. for past 4 years. The co has PAN registration only. Am i entitled to Maternity leave as I am due in the next 2 months ?
From India, Bangalore
Yaasmin

what do you mean by unregistered company, and when company itself is unregistered, then how come they would have proceed with pf, esi, workman compensation, maternity act etc registrations.
how many employees are there in this company

From India, Mumbai
doris18
Dear Yaasmin,
Thx very much 4ur response. This co is a sister concern of a bigger co. My co does nt hv registration certificate/service tax registration & all employee under this sister concern is not given esi, pf, bonus or any other benefit or compensation. It only has a pan no. Approx 10-15 people.

From India, Bangalore
sidman05

Dear Doris 18, if your compnay is unregistered, and do not have PF & ESI forget for getting any medical assistance from the Compnay or GOVT. Regards, SIDAMN
From India, Madras
R.N.Khola

Dear Member,
The maternity benefit / leave is provided under either of the following applicable enactments:
1. The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 2. The ESI Act, 1948 3. The State Shops & Establishment Act.
Therefore, first examine the applicability of the Act to your establishment & go through the benefit / leave & eligibility provisions & under that Act for receiving the benefit.
Under which of the Act your company is not registered ? Give details to the members for proper answer.
Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
Yaasmin

how do you get your payment, its by check, cash, transfer to account. if cash, then do you sign on wages register, have u got any offer or appointment letter stating your ctc ?
From India, Mumbai
prashant1314

Dear Doris, Are the 10-15 people are working on roll of the unregistered company if yes then you can claim the Maternity Benefit. If No then it’s tough to fetch the benefits.
From India, Pune
naresh.doddapaneni

Dear member,
If you getting salary through any salary/wage slip and if you are covered under ESIC 1952 act you will be eligible for Maternity benefit act.
Sec 3 (o) of Maternity Benefit act “woman” means a woman employed, whether directly or through any agency, for wages in any establishment.
Regards
DN

From India, Hyderabad
kumaarst
Hi,
Seasons Greetings from Kumaar.
1. the first point is your company has PAN.
2. you are saying that it is a sister concern of one BIg company.
3. whether your BIg company covers all mandatory Acts? and other establishment Acts of your State?
4. Are the Big company employees getting all benefits?
5. My observations is that your company is having 15 employees and i need to know that apart from employees how many persons involved in other works like Security, Office Boy and cleaning persons and etc., and give your geographical locations?
Please give me the inputs of the above, then i will comment on it.
thanks for all our friends support,
Kumaar

From India, Madras
doris18
Hi Kumaar.
Thx for helping out.
1. Yes the unregistered co has PAN only.
2. This unregistered co is a sister concern & is being run from the same premises of the Bigger Co.
3. The Bigger Co follows all mandatory acts of the state. It hs appx100-150 & we are based in Bangalore
4. EMployees of Bigger Co is being extended all benefits applicable.
5. Our so called unregistered co has max of 15 people. All 15 are NOT given ESI, PF, Bonus. THey are either under the category of Casual or Professional.
I get my salary thru account payee cheque & each Month they deduct TDS fm my salary.
Hope these details are enough for your to suggest.
Thk in advance.
Regards,
Doris18

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.