No Tags Found!

monikagupta36@gmail.com
can an employer reduce basic salary without consent of emplyee in the name of appraisal? If not what action we can take ?
From India, Gurgaon
surendra.raj1

Dear Monika,
As per law employer never reduce your basic salary in any name or mode.
If you are a workmen as classified by the ID Act, you can complain to the Labour commissioner.
If you are not a workmen, your only remedy is to file a civil case for restoring your previous basic salary. But, this litigation with your employer will affect your relationship.
Thanks

From India, Jaipur
ashvan.2927@gmail.com

Hello Monica,
Your employer can't reduce the basic pay, if they done with that than needs to face following problem.
* EPF Office will be not allowed such Reduction in amount.
* Labour department will not allowed for Bonus and Gratuity amount.
* Minimum wage act will be considered or not needs to see.
Seniors please put some light on this.
Thanking you,
Regards,
Ashish

From India, Pune
BSSV

Does your company policy has any mentions about such activities??
But what ever the case may be, under law it is considered as fraud and you can take both civil and criminal actions against the same.....

From India, Bangalore
monikagupta36@gmail.com
Hi,
My company has reduced my basic salary from 40% to 30% along with appraisal letter & kept the gross salary same by increasing the allowances & pf contribution but reduced gratuity & written that based on the performance, you are not eligible for salary increment & bonus.
As per the company " deduction or increment in salary can be made by the company basis performance at any point in time and it at the sole discretion of the management of the company ".
I hadn't accepted it & resigned.
please help me.

From India, Gurgaon
BSSV

if you haven't accepted then there is no agreement in existence at all as per law , u have no base in this case...... only option left is whether to accept the job or search for another.......
you have answered your own question : " deduction or increment in salary can be made by the company basis performance at any point in time and it at the sole discretion of the management of the company ".
attribution https://www.citehr.com/468397-reduct...#ixzz2bs17Wgh8

From India, Bangalore
ashvan.2927@gmail.com

Hello Monica, Please share the employer name so i will take care in future and refer candidates not to join such organization. Thanking you, Regards, Ashish
From India, Pune
D.GURUMURTHY

Dear Sir,
As the gross salary is the same, you need not worry about reduction of basic salary. You please try to improve your performance,
automatically, it will be increased.
D.Gurumurthy
HR & IR Consultant,
Hyderabad.

From India, Hyderabad
BSSV

Very preventive!! But, it is difficult to decide any of these kind of cases where we hardly know the facts of each side and conclude what's indeed being practiced.... there are some employees even fail to understand the clauses of the agreement in the way it is meant to be understood.........
Have a nice day........

From India, Bangalore
atreyaravi@gmail.com

Dear Forum members,
I will not agree with the views of our respected member D.Gurumurthy .
First & Foremost as per P.F. law you cannot reduce the Basic .
Further P.F is a long term benefit plan for the employee.
Hope the respected member will correct his views without prejudice.
Regards
Ravi

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.