Yeswanth
Hi everyone Can you please tell me what is the difference between an IT Recruiter and a HR (Executive /Manager). Many of you may feel its silly but let me if any one can clarify my doubt. Yeswanth
From India, Hyderabad
eafil.hr

hi!
an It recruiter is a person who generally recruit for BPO/Call center /Technical support/ IT enable services/ Different coming up blue chip technology/ Developers...his main area of concern is IT....and recruitment process related to it..
A HR manager or Executive take care of entire cycle of HR for an indiviaul employee ..like maintaining HRIS/ His performance/ Training & devlopment & other major issues like IR/ PF/ Gratuitay/ compensation
i think this gives u a fair idea..
wishes
EAFIL :roll:

From India, Delhi
NehaG

Why is it that Eafil has discussed the post of recruiter only for the IT industry? Can’t there be recruiters for other industries! So then in this context what is a recruiter?
From Singapore
sunilkumar

HI,

I would like to add something to our discussion. the main thins is that Recruiter is alsoa part of HR. A recruiter plays a very important role in an organization, as the type of people (I mean to say the people with positive or negative attitudes) who come within depends on them. if the recruitment of an organization is not good than, it will have an adverse affect on the entire cycle.

The main job responsibilities of a Recruiter include, Identifying the present vaccancy and making the relevant people to apply for the vacancy. In some companies, the also look into the various joining formalities as well.

Now, once the person is in, HR plays a wider role. It all depends on the HR, wheather the person will be able to positively get along with the organization. As a HR Executive, the job responsibilities include, Induction, Training, Grievance Handling and some other small works like Leave management ..etc.

As a manger, you will be really in a Responsible position. You will be the key part of an organization. the importanc eis very much higher for a HR, when it comes to Appraisals, Mergers & acquisitions, Re-engineering ..etc.

So, those are all according to my experience.

Thanks and regards,

Sunil

From India, New Delhi
Rati Gupta
Hi,
Recruitment is a part of HR functions, while HR is always on a wider sense coz it includes many functions like recruitment, induction, training, policies, Appraisals.........etc.
Recruitment, though its a very important part of Hr coz being a recruiter one really needs to understand the present need of the company and then according to that only one need to fill that requirement.
Regards,
Rati

From India, Pune
Archana Kakamari
Hi,
A HR person is involved in end-to-end recruitment process, where as the role of a recuiter ends at a certain point ie.once the candidate has been offered and accepts the offer.
HR--The company department charged with finding, screening, recruiting and training job applicants, as well as administering employee-benefit programs.
Recruiter--A recruiter is someone engaging in recruitment which means to fill jobs or positions within any group or corporation.
Bye
Archana

From India, Pune
Yeswanth
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your replies. This is of great use to me. I am working as a IT recruiter since 1.8 months so will it be advisable for me to Do my MBA at this point of time. If yes can anyone suggest me a good Management school which would provide part time or correspondence in HR. i stay in HYd.
Once again thanks for your replies.
Yeswanth

From India, Hyderabad
Paddu981

Here u asked a great question and a good answer i:- Every organisation needs an HR who can fulfill the needs of the organistion such like org needs a man power so he has to recruiter(so HR plays a role of HR Technical Recruiting) then the person recruited need a complete information regarding the position he is recruited so the HR explains about the functions of the ORG(here he is an HR Functional) he also shall take care of the person recruted such as his rights, allowances , Pays, salaries leaves holidays and also need to maintain there all needs as well as the org so he plays as a Manager (HRM)
so i just says is recruiter is a part in an HR any recruitment in any type of firm is a technical work functions and the management of the HR :D

From India, Hyderabad
Anonymous
hey hi. I understood the d/bwn hr executive and recruiter. tis means Recruiter is kinda entry level and executive is a middle level? is that so?
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.