No Tags Found!

preeti79saini

Hello everyone If you go for an HR interview in some company and during interview , interviewer if asked you Why have you choose HR as specialization , what reply you will give. Need Suggesstion :)
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Vaish

Hi Preethi,

Being a HR professional, it is expected that you have these competencies.....Enthusiastic, and zestful, Empathetic, Good listener, good in making judgements, quick learner, a people's person, a positive person, patience.

Be sure of one thing...Be honest enough to the interviewer. Tell the interviewer all this only if you have such qualities. Because, the interviewer is smart enuf to identify whether you have such traits or not :)

A small tip to analyse yourself:

Just analyse your character, and attitude before you answer for anything. Here is a small suggestion:

Take down a paper , and write an essay about yourself. What kind of person you are, and what you think is your biggest strenght, and what are the areas u need to improve..and what would your friends like in you...etc...

After analsying your paper, you must come to a conclusion of what kind of person you are. And think about the situations that you come across in your life, in which you have exposed above said behaviours....if that match, proceed in telling this at the interview.

Hope you got your answer.

From India, Bangalore
Vaish

Hi preethi,
Here is one more point to add to the prev.mail.
When you are posed with the question Y you chose HR as your area?
To make you answer satisfactory for the interviewer, you can tell that your traits and persona highly matches with HR field. To give thrust to this point, you can give some examples- you can say some of the traits that i mentioned in my previous mail.
Sorry for sending two break up mails, and for the confusions and inconvenience that is created to the readers

From India, Bangalore
sreenivasan

hi,
i think for these kind of questions people have to do self analysis and write it in a paper and try to refrash it till it looks nbetter. bcos these are asked to see your personnel level. so i think it must be depending on the person. i think then only it will have the impact.
ok see u best of luck for interview
have a nice time

From India, Vadodara
Sadashiv Rao

Hi Preethi,

Saw your mail!! This is a very good question that you have asked. Let us say the interviewer has asked you this (In fact I have been asked this a couple of times!!! ) then the reply can be or what i replied was : I have an interest in this field / I like interacting with people / I like meeting different people & analysing their behaviour. The HR field is of utmost importance to me as this makes me the link between the mmanagement & the employees.

let me tell you about an amusing incident when I was being interviewed : After the mandatory questions were over the interviewer just dropped a bomb on me by saying " I would like to see your interviewing skills so interview me assuming that I am the candidate & you are the HR Manager " WELL!!!! I just about did that & walked out with a funny feeling that I was the one interviewing & not vice versa.

Hence analyse yourself first as to what is it that you like in the field of HR??

a.Do you like meeting people?

b.Do you like maintaining all records of employees/

c.Do you like interviewing people?

d.Do you like interacting with the top Management of the organisation?

e.Do you like to work with a deadline to fill up vacancies ?

these are just few questions that you should be asking yourself. Just try it & I am sure you will get the answer. This is a very very vast field & the more you learn the more you gain.

Regards,

Sadashiv :)

From Kuwait, Kuwait
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.