No Tags Found!

baishaliamit

Respected Seniors, I find that ESI Schemes proves to be beneficial for the labours of small industries and contract labours engaged in factories of large PSUs. The scheme provides a lot of benefits like free treatment in ESI hospitals, wages during the sickness periods, maternity benefits, disablement benefits etc.

However, surprisingly this scheme is only for the factory workers. States have extended the scheme also to Shops, hotels, Restaurants, Cinema workers etc.

The mines workers are left out of the benefits of this scheme.

We are in a PSU mine where around 600+ contract labours are engaged. These labours are not able to take these benefits and take paid treatment from private hospitals beside no wages due to absence on sickness.

I am not able to understand the logic of keeping this section of labours outside the purview of this social security scheme.
I would request my respected seniors to through some light on this and suggest any alternative, if available.

Amit Kr Biswas

From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.