No Tags Found!

dkraj

Interview Questions: Behavior

A fellow employee told you what his/her salary is and wants to know yours. How would you react and what would you do? (situational)

Describe a conflict with an employee and how you handled it.

Describe a complex problem you solved.

Describe a work situation in which you were not proud of your performance. What did you learn from this mistake?

Describe an important goal you have set and tell me how you reached it.

Describe how you have been able to apply something you learned from your degree program to a real-life or work-related situation.

Describe a (recent) project in which you failed? What did you learn from this?

Describe a (recent) situation in which you asked for advice?

Describe a (recent) situation in which you asked for help?

Describe a (recent) situation in which it took several tries or approaches before you were able to figure out what was going on.

Describe a (recent) situation in which you had to quickly establish your credibility and gain the confidence of others. What did you do ?

Describe a (recent) situation when you didn't know who you needed to speak with in an organization too get something done. What did you do ?

Describe a (recent) situation when you were able to identify a conflict between two individuals and were instrumental in the solution to that conflict. (skills)

Describe a (recent) situation when you worked in a team environment.

Describe a (recent) situation in which what was really going on with someone else was much more complicated than it might have seemed on the surface.

Describe a (recent) situation on your last job that you did not handle as well as you might have.

Describe a (recent) situation that you just couldn't handle.

Describe a (recent) situation when miscommunication created a problem on the job.

Describe a (recent) situation when you were confronted by a difficult problem and how you solved it.

Describe a time when you had to take on something very new or different and you had little or no guidance and support in doing so. How did you handle it ?

Describe a time when you organized a project where your directions were vague?

Describe a time when you simplified or clarified a situation by putting your finger on the key issue.

Describe a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty.

Describe a time when you accomplished a challenging goal.

Describe a time when you accomplished a difficult goal.

Describe a time where your performance went above and beyond expectations.

Describe how you work under pressure. Do you anticipate problems effectively or just react to them?

Describe how your (office/department/company) is organized.

Describe how you would handle rude, difficult or impatient people.

Describe how you have handled rude, difficult or impatient people.

Describe projects that have required accuracy and attention to detail.

Describe situations you have been under pressure in which you feel you have handled well.

Describe projects you have been involved in the last few years.

Describe techniques you've used with great success in your field. Have you ever managed people in the positions you've held?

Do you feel you can ask for help?

Do you feel you can assist others in their jobs?

Explain how you overcame a difficult situation.

Finish this sentence: Successful managers are the ones who....

Given a situation when you disagree with your supervisor, how would you deal with it?

Has competition had any positive or negative impact on your achievements? How?

Have you ever been absent from work? If so, how often?

Have you ever been late for work? If so, how often?

Have handled rude, difficult or impatient people?

Have you prepared and communicated ideas and information in a formal setting?

How do you complete a boring job?

How many hours a week does it take you to get your work done?

How many hours can you work in a week?

How many hours do you usually work in a week?

How many hours do you work per week?

How would you ask for advice?

How would you ask for help?

You effected considerable organizational changes in you last position. Could you tell me how you did it?

I notice you failed your second year initially. Tell me about that?

Looking back now, is there anything that you could have done to improve your relationship with that one bad boss?

Please give me an example of your experience in staying late to finish a project. How do you feel about that?

Please tell me a situation where you were in a dilemma to make a decision and how you dealt with it.

Please tell me a situation where you were very stressful and how you handle it.

Tell me about a particularly difficult or awkward conversation you needed to have with someone?

Describe a particularly difficult or risky challenge you took on because you felt it was important for you to do so.

Tell me about a significant failure in your life.

What do you feel would be an acceptable attendance record?

What role do you take ina group situation? Give examples.

What would you define as a satisfactory attendance record?

When have your verbal communications been important enough to follow up in writing?

Your supervisor left an assignment in your 'in' box, then left town for a week. Now, you can't reach him and don't understand the assignment. What would you do?

Your supervisor tells you to do something in a way you know is ineffective. What would you do?

You've been with your current employer for a very short time. Is this an indication that you'll be moving around a lot throughout your career?

You've changed jobs quite frequently, what assurances do we have that you will stay with us?

Regds,

RAJ

From India, Madras
Amul
Good and a useful bank.
Do you also have a rating scale to score on the possible answers. May be a kind of a table that helps us make interviews more objective.
If you do have I would be grateful if you could share it with me at
Thanks
Amul

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.