elamurugumba

Hi friends Can anybody help me by explaining what Employee Raiding means? Regards Elamurugu
From India, Madras
psrecruiter

employee raiding is the practice of unlawfully inducing an employee to leave one employer and take up employment with another employer.
The purpose of employee raiding is usually to gain access to unique or rare knowledge or skills which the employee may possess. Taking the employee gives the raider an unfair competitive advantage.
Ethical and legal dilemmas over employee raiding arise from the conflict of interests between an employee's right to free access to the labour market, and an employer's right to protect knowledge and skills which it regards as company property.
Employers may attempt to protect themselves against the most damaging effects of employee raiding by inserting non-compete clauses into employment contracts.
With increasing competition between companies sharing the same field of business, there have been non-disclosure forms for employees to sign, preventing employee raiding. The extreme difficulty in verifying this is a major example of how it poses a threat to all companies.

Ryan

This is also known as Poaching.

For me personally, it is one of the biggest jokes in the industry and the HR fraternity.

On one side, we say people leave without serving notice or abandon the job without resigning from the company, and attrition is increasing, along with the cost of training. We want solutions to this, and N number of articles and theories have been discussed and debated by experts and academics.

On the other, we are same people who tell candidates "join me tomorrow and I will pay you X amount". Any hints needed??

This is like a dog chasing its own tail.... there is no end for this game.

If you must poach an employee, at least let him / her serve out 70% of the notice period, if not 100%. And please don't say market forces necessitate these actions. Please remember that all of us (HR / Management / Employees /Customers) form the market, and as such are equally responsible for fluctuations in it.

The question on my mind is "Why aren't we tired of working like this?"

ALL views welcome.

Regards

Ryan

From India, Mumbai
rajesh.hobbes
Hi Ryan,
Read ur piece on poaching. Well said.
U r rite wn u say that we are the ones who constitute the market and what we give, has to come back to us.
But the question is who will buck this trend? who will raise his hand and be willing to stand out and follow prim and proper practices?
Is the industry mature enuf to regulate itself or do we need outside intervention?
Regards
Rajesh

From India, Delhi
Ryan

Hi Rajesh,
Maturity will remain in the realms of science fiction and fantasy, so long as the planet keeps running after money, power, profits.
The ones who get tired of the rat race become placement consultants :D
or start their own business in another field...
It isn't really a question of prim and proper, when it is actually a question of being emotionally intelligent. All the management gyan being spouted today can be found in holy scriptures of all religions. This only tells me one thing - the more things change, the more they remain the same. Human beings have this brilliant ability to forget the lessons of the past and make the same actions that caused them to reach the situation in the first place.
Shucks!!! what a rant for a Friday morning! :wink:
Regards
Ryan

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.