rashmeet
hi,
i would like to know how good is HR in the field of media and advertising. is there gud scope in this line for HR's
also regarding the changing role of HR. is it that HR is becoming more of a line function?
rashmeet

From India, Kochi
rashmeet
hi to all of u out there. well i m suprised to see that there are no comments from anybody on my posted queries. is it that they are not interesting enough to drop a sensible line or two.
From India, Kochi
samvedan

Hi,

Why the surprise of no one has replied?

It means that perhaps that no one has direct experience of handling HR in media/advertising.

Whenever there is a need to get the best out of people-individually or collectively, HR, as a thought and an orientation of the organization, if not as a department or an organized function, has be present. And in no case it is a line function for the organization. Within itself there is bound to be line structures,

The philosophies, concepts, policies and procedures of HR must differ from organization to organization depending upon the technology that the organization uses for its own survival and growth and also the cluture the organization adopts.

Within technology constraints and realities, the HR approach will remain generally same across the inductry (barring a few clear exceptions) but within the industry the HR approach may change in line with the dictats of the culture.

Now, can you tell us your motivation/need to know about this subject precisely, so that you may be able to get more focussed answers!

Regards

samvedan

October 8, 2006

From India, Pune
rashmeet
hi,
first i wud like to apologise for late reply as i was busy with my exams.
well i am a student of HR and in my first sem only. the line ques came to my mind as i get to read a lot about the changing role of HR from staff to Line. i know that we being students think a lot thru theory point of veiw.
the other qquestion regarding the advertising is out my curiosity to know as we have been talking Hr in IT and retail etc. but not in hospitality or media.
as far as my interest is concerned i m intrested in knowing more about retail .
thanks for replying

From India, Kochi
hrdhrdhr

Hi, HR in as u mentioned in the specified fields is absolutely good. HR is same no matter what industry you are in. I hope u got your answer
From India, Mumbai
samvedan

Hi,

Your reason for the delayed response is fine and entirely acceptable. No apologies were needed or expected.

Whenever ther is required a collaboration between "capital" and "labour", HR is inescapably present. Its role will be determined by the needs of work accomplishment, culture of the organization, the economic environment in which the organization operates and of course the extent of competition that exists.

More specifically, "retail" is a very "disorganized" industry in the sense that there are no "industry standards" as such especially since the activity is product specific. Its the "mall culture" and the big guns wanting to enter "retail" segment that we have suddenly opened our eyes to the "industry" perception for the "retail".

Whatever the industry, what are the prime concerns of HR?

1) Employment of right candidates for the right jobs.

2) Training the employees suitably for highest efficiencies in performance of the assigned tasks.

3) Fair and objective "performance appraisals" coupled with equally fair and objective "rewards & punishment" syatems.

4) Employee retention.

5) Keep employment costs as low as is possible in comparison to the level of operations, and

6) Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to positive performance, credibility and excellence.

HR has to create appropriate operational strategies through the philosophies, policies and procedures in tune with the mission, vision and core values of the organization.

HR for retail, therefore must understand "how" the work is expected to be accomplished in the industry, what will be the "performance indicators", the skills required, continual training that must be administered and the compensation package that will induce people to be staedy with the organization for a longer time.

If you desire to agitate the point further, revert happily!

Regards

samvedan

October 23, 2006

From India, Pune
rashmeet
hi, can u throw some light on what projects (topics) should a student look for in HR. or do companies keep some projects for students. thakns
From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.