ritu07

Hi All,
I wish to start few HR-Initiatives in my organization.Initially i want to start with things like Suggestion tree, family visits,, Birthday celebration etc.
I have talked to my boss about this and he has approved it and wants me to start it as earliest.Now, i am stuck with the matter because i dont know how to go about it...
how to begin? how to implement such practices? any procedure?
Can u help me with this?
It shall be great help if someone gives me the inputs or their experience of initiating the same in their organisation...
Thanks
Regards
Ritu07

From India, Meerut
reema.lodha
Hi Ritu,

I have a soft corner for all initiatives, its much better than sitting and grumbling and cribbing of nothing is happening. Well all the best in your venture.

I am sharing a few ideas with you, but tweak it to gel with your organization culture.

Family time - Set a day once in a quarter for family visits. Let the child feel where his parents are working. Maybe you set aside a day. Invite the folks in the late afternoon. Serve snacks and cool drinks. Organize games for the kids....drawing competitions (things that the parent can display on the softboard at their workstations), some games for the adults (Coordination based) and end the same with the office time.

Suggestion box - You can have a suggestion box placed or maybe have it online. Have a week for Cafeteria suggestions, transportation suggestions and so on....

You can even have a variation of the suggestions. Have a week when let the people write good points abet their coworkers maybe it can be anonymous. You can read out the same on the family day. This will give the people a sense of pride when the good points of themselves are heard in front of their family. But also make sure that each memeber of the staff's names are there. If someone is not there then let the HR dept add for them.

Please ensure that you be on time. Please try and stick to time, it will be respected and people will enjoy without worry about getting late. Start the program at the time you have announced and try and wrap it within the end time.

Hope it helps for a start.

svsrana

forum:
establish forums for various categories eg Fire fighting/ first aid/ health n safety/ environment/ waste m,inimisation/ quality circle etc.
least 1 person pref 2 from each process/ work area needs to be a member.
meet often least one a quarter.
various companies reward employees for good suggestions/ ideas.
some companies even include 2 process improvements in the KRAs of every employee.
initially in the suggestion box scheme, you will be flooded witb cosmetic ideas.
remember to acknowledge each suggestion
find ways to say YES to every suggestion (mostly people try to maintain status quo ie no change)
surya

From India, Delhi
ritu07

Thanks a Tonn Surya... Will definetely work on some of these. in fact forums seems to be an apt idea for my kind of organisation. Will look forward for ur guidance again. Thanks Regards Ritu07
From India, Meerut
svsrana

keep us posted on the implementation hiccups part so that all can learn from your company’s experiences.... surya
From India, Delhi
Dr Harish
Hi Ritu
My appraoch towards such activities is by forming Committees.
For Ex i would start a fun team with people representing from different teams or a sports team with different team people.
I will guide them as to how it can be implemented.
This way you get maximum buy in from the people and it will very effective.
harish

From India, Pune
NK SUNDARAM

You can form a team, comprising of representatives from each of your departments. Find out their special skills or organising ability. Take out their suggestions, find solutions with their help and analyse the pros and cons, make a detailed proposal and get managements approval !
Best wishes

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.