Anonymous
Hello, I have been working for an MNC Noida, in the IT industry employed through a consultancy. It's already been 3 months.
My question is am I eligible for maternity benefit. As I'll get permanent with MNC after March 2021.

From India, Lucknow
umakanthan53

IT and ITES establishments come under the State Shops and Establishments Acts. Therefore, the Maternity Benefit Act,1961 applies to them subject to the condition of a minimum 10 employees on the roll now or in the past. It is a statutory requirement that the poster should have completed 80 days of continuous service in the particular establishment prior to the expected date of delivery to claim maternity benefit under the MB Act,1961 irrespective of her being a regular employee of the particular establishment or a contract employee there through a third party.
From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.