Anonymous
Hi, If one has infatuation in office, is it against policies?
Is infatuation not allowed at any cost? What if someone falls in love with someone in the office? Should it be disclosed to management/HR?
If someone has a crush on somebody and gets a gentle smile when taking someone's name or sees someone, will it be considered infatuation?
If someone reads our facial emotion and determines whether someone is in love, is it infatuation?

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

The replies to your questions are as below:

a) If one has infatuation in office, is it against policies?

Answer: - No

b) Is infatuation not allowed at any cost? What if someone really falls in love with someone in office should it be disclosed to management/HR?

Answer: - No need to disclose it to HR or management

c) If someone has a crush on somebody and gets a gentle smile when taken someone's name or sees someone, will it be considered infatuation?

Answer: - Not necessarily

d) If someone reads our facial emotion and determines whether someone is in love, is it infatuation?

Answer: - No

Comments on the Post: - Well, gentleman, love blooms at the workplace and it is blooming all over the world. Love is not blind per se but when the Cupid's arrow hits the pair, it makes them blind! But then out of blindness, the lovers' activities should not impact their work or the work environment itself. However smitten by love, either or both members of the pair, need to maintain a discreet distance. Out of the workplace, they are free to express their love. In public places also whether to display affection or maintain distance is the pair's call.

Coming to workplace activities. The employees are paid for their performance. They are also paid for coming up with innovative ideas to satisfy the customers, reduce some costs or reduce the turnaround time of some processes. But then this can best be achieved if the employee devotes wholeheartedly to the duties. The employee is expected to think about the well-being of the company every minute. Otherwise, the employee may think of acquiring new skills to elevate his/her performance. Far from doing this, if an employee engages in amorousness, it could distract him/her and the distraction could result in more errors. Over a period of time, it could distract others also. Sorting out those errors could be costly. True love remains within the frame of obligations and does not break the frame. Either the puerility or prurience breaks this frame. Whether it is true love or a prurience camouflaged as love, the pair would know the best!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, In nutshell as long the personal affairs are maintained well within the limit and decorum is maintained at office nothing is wrong.
From India, Madras
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Hi,
Falling love with any colleague doesn't attribute as misconduct. Your love should not be one sided. You both should not indulge in any such activity, that breaks the official decorum. Many a times envious colleague creates buzzing in office, so don't give others a chance to create an issue. You can disclose the relationship to HR Head or your HOD, provided both have the future plan of marriage. Love is blind so avoid the blind curves intelligently.

From India, Mumbai
loginmiraclelogistics

Well, I afraid you are in (a state of fear) an anxiety disorder, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure whether the girl you are 'seeing' gave you any approval in response to your 'feelings'. I guess you have not spoken out your mind/liking towards her. You neither revealed your profile, nor you know thoroughly about her. At present it just remain at that state- she smiled at you a few times. This happens with everybody, I'm sure. Probably she would have smiled at almost all her colleagues, and so with you as well. Don't be hasty. Girls nowadays are smart enough in deciding their life partners. I don't know whether you are in her 'shortlisted' man of her's ? Afterall it's your private affair, we are nobody to comment yes or no about it. But, I guess, you must be in your early days of your career. And it's only appropriate not to jump in haste spoiling your career. Wait for some more time/years. You'll get know each other's liking or otherwise. A day'll come, if all goes well for you, when to propose to her. Till such time you'll have to wait, I would suggest, mind your career and who knows, you may come across with some one better than the present 'she' in due course, that possibility is always there.(you described it as 'infatuation' rather than a 'fond love', irreversible.
As of present, you have under no obligation to discuss the 'affair' with your HR, if things are not followed up "differently by you" at your work place & so long as you maintain decency & decorum of office environment. Pardon me if meant little harsh/inappropriately.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.