dgupta76
Hi Friends, One employee's fixed PF wages is 26,000 Pm. we have kept PF ceiling limit 15000. He was absent for 5 days.
How much should be the PF amount in this case? Should it be 1800 (i.e on 15000) or 1500 (i.e on 12500)? Please guide.

From India, Mumbai
KK!HR

As he has drawn more than Rs 15,000/- the PF contribution has to continue on the same basis (for Rs. 15,000). Unless the salary goes below Rs. 15,000/- the contribution has to be maintained at the same level.
From India, Mumbai
bijay_majumdar

Epf wages for 26 days if fixed to 15000, then the amount that is earned as per number of days worked will be taken into consideration.
From India, Vadodara
dgupta76
But can we maintain two basics; one actual as per appointment letter and another for pf calculation purpose i.e 15000 as per capping
From India, Mumbai
bijay_majumdar

An appointment letter defines compensation mentioned is for the employee.The actual basic considered for all statutory reasons and compliance is what your employer mentions during contribution on the poratal.Epf will also consider the amount of basic which is shown in ecr.
For more details pls refer to meaning of wages under epf act.
Epf wages are derived based on this definition for statutory compliance.

From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.