No Tags Found!

plesehelp
Dear All,
I work for a FI and have a subordinate fresh out of college, an MT, who would be promoted to the next level (my level, I have 5 yrs PQE) a year down the line. Our boss expects us to work together but never does any work allocation and keeps the sharing open for us to decide. However I have observed that the MT is quite arrogant and feels he has no accountability to me and he walks up to the boss directly for any difficulties while working on the area without even having an interaction with me. To top it he is quite naive and have no expertise in computer skills not to talk of any work related skills.
I am hoping for some answers on "words/statements" that I can use to communicate to my boss the fact that he is a complete junior that he has to do the work allocation if the MT is this egoistic and that if we were to work together there should be a proper line of communication that the MT should follow in order to avoid frictions.
Thanks in advance.
Plesehelp

From India, Mumbai
parthasarthi

I havefollowing observations:

You have created this imaginary line of senior and junior this is not fare.

You have judged your junior as subordinate rathar than colleauge.

You did not respect indivdual on the basis talent but on the basis of seniority.

You want to be respected by your socalled juniors and work under you.

This above approach is more conservative and you should adopt more liberal view.

Focus on your job and do yourself first in order to build confidence of junior in your ability that will automatically establish respect for your competancies and skills.

Do not depend on juniors for any assistance and complete your assignment as your responsibility despite you work with one group.

Finish your assignment and present your boss and inform him the participation level of your juniors in this assignment and explain him about what makes you to work alone or independently instead of gruop or team due to some fundamental principles of team work do not exist.

Then only your boss will understand your plight and remedy to establish decorum for juniors if your organization believes in business.....

partho

From Saudi Arabia
plesehelp
I believe every organisation has this line and that is where you have designations and so on. Now if the person is a fresh out of college one cannot place him at the top of the hierarchy much to the dismay of the experienced people.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.