mjane
Yes, Fiona, even HR practitioners get this from their colleagues, sometime you wonder where do they get their style.
I have my share of bad HR interviewers every time I apply for a job. I am encouraging you to be patient and grow from this experience.

From Philippines, Philippine
HRinsight
Fiona Ignore the worse senarios, they are not guarenteed everywhere! Be confident, you are one good shot away from your goal! Cheer! A N A N D A
From India, Bangalore
sujeet_rajawat

Dear All Friends Wonderful Contribution by all of you.... All your posting were really helpful for me to enhance my knowledge. With Regards Sujeet S Rajawat
From Nigeria, Lagos
Sindhu N R

Dear Sunil

I am a person who go and conduct interviews for many a firms

Infact, we ask this question that is tell me about yourself is just to reduce the tension of the candidate.

And then, when you are going to tell about yourself, just give a rough description of your family and your native place, just say I am sunil, staying with my parents/.... and coming from so and so.

Then say, about your educational qualification, that is, i am a graduate in commerce studied in so and so college

Ok then, don't go ellaborate on the above points, but then, see that what you have to tell is what is the need for the company to select you, how they will be benefitted like that. That is you can say, you are a team player, hardworker, a person with a positive attitude . Just make them understand about your positive qualites . Now, if you are working somewhere, just say, the quality for which you are recognised.

Now, secondly this question is asked as a tool of testing your english language skill also. Thirdly, their are other points, which the interviewer keeps in mind, so, they give you marks based on your answers.

Now, if you want in detail, contact me and ask me . i will give you the details.

From India, Kochi
abdulwaheed12
some time interviewer stress u to just check ur control on emotions and ur stress mangement capabilities not to worry much as u will go in more interview u will be more handler
From Pakistan, Lahore
Sindhu N R

Dear Ravi Shank
I am not here to have a debate with you on the above sub. But then, read it carefully, i have given a clear answer about what to tell when asked tell me about yourself.
And frankly speaking, completing after more than 50 interviews, ie, after interviewing more than 500 candidates, you are the first person who is telling that the question never reduces tension, because many of the candidates have directly told me that they came with real tension, and the stress was relieved with the first question.
Now, Ravi, keep one thing in mind, pissing off the hr is good, but the hr never lose anything but you only lose by not getting a job.
SO, have a great day ahead.
With warm wishes
Sindhu

From India, Kochi
V. Balaji

Dear,

In my opinion no interview is conducted with "pre-plan". It all depends on the interviewee and the interviewer. I conducted many interviewes for my office. The moment the person comes in and start talking, I will be able to assess him 50%. So, the next half will go based on the impression formed or created by the interviewee.

But, in any interview, the interviewee has to be cool and talk to the point. If he does not know the answer, he can straight admit that he does not know. Giving extraneous reply or wrong answer will irritate the interviewer and if you repeat the same for the next 2-3 questions, that is end of it. The interview will turn out to be nightmare and they will all set to ask questions to reject you.

End of the interview you can even ask them, what is the impression they have got on you irrespective of the results and tell them that you really want to learn from the interview. The feedback will help you prepare better for the next interview. There is nothing to panic or getting dejected about the behaviour the interviewers in your case.

Try and strike better for the next interview. My best wishes!

V. Balaji

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.