No Tags Found!

srimuppalla

Today I visited our New R&D block. There New fume Hoods are fixing. In that description of fume hood and make etc was given. At last there for safety precautions pls ask your safety officer was given.
Really I don't know any thing about Fume hoods. i know only it acts like a blower pulls out dangerous fumes and neutralise that and release to air.
If some one asks me in future about what type of reactions it is usable, other questions how i can give answers?
So pls guide me fnds on fume hoods and its importance of fume hoods.
How to handle fume hoods ,
Material of construction of fume hoods etc...

From India, Hyderabad
abhaygirish1

Dear srimuppalla

I would suggest you to read manual for Fume Hood . If not supplier send email and ask for same . some basic points are sending through this post which may help you .

A Laboratory Fume Hood is a safety device where hazardous chemicals can be handled safely while fumes and vapors generated by these chemicals are exhausted out of the building, when connected to a properly designed laboratory ventilation system.

also ask your chemist to :

1. Ensure the fume hood is not overfilled with items that could impede airflow

2 Verify fume hood airflow monitoring device is installed and indicating suitable airflow

3 Verify the required periodic inspection for the hood is current

4 Verify the hood sash is at the correct position

5 Ensure proper PPE applicable to the work performed in the hood is worn

6Ensure fume hood is left in a neat and orderly manner

Fume Hood Face Velocity :

Most important is Optimum face velocity has been found to be 80-120 linear feet per minute. At lower velocities, the fume hood may not capture and remove vapors at a sufficient rate. At higher velocities, air flow may become turbulent, producing eddies and backflows that retard the rate of removal or cause vapors to escape.

Thanks

Abhay

From India, Thana
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.