No Tags Found!

priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Dear HR team,

I would like to bring up a case for your analysis:

Currently, our company offers a one-hour break during the 9 am to 6 pm working hours, which includes time for breakfast and lunch. All employees are expected to work a total of 8 hours per day. However, I have noticed that some employees are struggling to meet the 8-hour requirement as they have to clock in and out even when they go to the washroom.

I am in a dilemma as to how to analyze this situation. On the one hand, the company includes the time for lunch in the 8-hour working period. On the other hand, going to the washroom can reduce the total work time.

To me, the first one seems to be an advantage from the company side but the other seems to be considered too.

Could you please provide your analysis and guidance on this matter?

Thank you.

From India, Kochi
Madhu.T.K

Normally, a spread over of 9 hours with 8 hours working is perfect. If you have exact timing for breakfast and lunch and no body works during this time, then make it flexible and ensure that everybody comes back after breakfast/ lunch and resumes their work without looking at the clock. Then the time spent for nature's calls will not feel to be a waste for you. I don't think that nay company will record that timing also and deduct it from the actual working hours. If we insist on such minor things, the employees will also demand double the rate of salary for each minute they do over and above the scheduled 8 hours work. This should be avoided.
From India, Kannur
priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Thank you for your suggestion.
From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.