No Tags Found!

remani
I am working as an HR Executive in a company @ Bangalore from last 1.5yrs and is in my 6th month of pregnancy now.I am having some health complications now and my doctor asked me to take bed rest for sometime.I am on sick leave now (its been 6 days) and have asked for working from home option to the company.To my surprise the company came back to me asking to resign from job and take home 3 months salary.
I cannot digest this as my plan was to be on leave for some time and take the maternity leave and come back to job.
Can the company terminate me now if I don't want resign and be on leave ??
Please give me some suggestions,I am very much confused.

From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello Remani,
The Company ABSOLUTELY CAN'T fire anyone on Maternity grounds.
This topic has been discussed many times in CiteHR--pl use the 'RESEARCH' feature @ the top of this page--you will find many threads from which you can collate the inputs/suggestions [including the relevant legal Acts] that apply to your situation & handle suitably.
You mentioned '......company came back to me asking to resign from job....'. Was this in-writing? If not, pl ensure you get all communication from now on IN-WRITING. in the Worst-case-scenario, you will need proofs. If the company tries to convey such instructions ONLY verbally, then suggest YOU mail back the gist of the conversation to ensure there's a record--even this point [how to handle such situations] has been covered in some of the earlier threads.
Hope you get the point.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.