No Tags Found!

suruchithapar
hello to all
i am workin in a small organisation and the working space
is also a small hall where some of the employees smoke
even after repeated requests..kindly suggest how to tell them in a formal way not to smoke or if there can be any policy made regarding this..
its urgent since canot tolerate the smoke any more..
thanx suruchi

From India, Delhi
Kayal

Hi
1. I feel a mail could be sent in general to all employees which hilights on the inconvenience caused to others on smoking in the office area.
2. You may also inform them thru mail / posters in a lighter tone that Employee found smoking shall be charged a fine of Rs. 100.00 .
3. Further, you may also put up pictures & phrases in criical areas in your office stating " NO SMOKING ZONE " or " DONT SMOKE - LIVE & LET LIVE "
3. One step ahead you may even organise for a session by any of the doctors / institutions on Hazards of Smoking to employees on this.
I feel first three options may work out better.
Kayal

vamsidhar

Suruchi,
You can make a policy on this issue. If you have any identified areas as smoking zones ( like sitouts or corridors) in your office premises apart from work area , then you can ask them to smoke only in those areas by not causing inconvinience to others.
If any one not following this policy has to undergo desciplinary actions taken by management.
Regards
Vamsidhar

From India, Hyderabad
RAJENDRA NATH JHA
HI
This is to bring in your kind notice that there is no any rule for the smoking area because u cannot allow anyone to take smoke in the office premises. So u can do only one thing that u can allow them to go out side the office in tea break as well as in lunch hour. But if some one is smoking in the office you make a rule of fine(HIGH value). Follow it strictly. You will certainly benefited.

From India, Delhi
suruchithapar
Hello Rajendra thanx for reverting back.. your suggestion is well taken. have identified a smoking area and will fine employees not adhereing to the rules.. thanx regards suruchi
From India, Delhi
svsrana

1) smoke detectors are a method of fire detection
2) act of smoking in a public place has been banned so you may very well start penalising people. Initially the Govt fine is Rs 100/-
3) if possible, start smoking cessation program for employees who are smokers. This is a worldwide good practice to avoid any harassment/ discrimination of smokers..
surya

From India, Delhi
svsrana

an addon;
i noticed in spectramind, okhla, they have a small cafetaria esp meant for smokers on the ground floor and equipped with powerful exhaust fans thus causing nil discomfort to any.
chk ou any business convention/ workshop.. even if the entire building is smoke free..they go to great lengths to accomodate delegates who smoke in a corner..
However there are industries wherein the same is banned as it could be catastrophic.
one of my clients has a printing and dyeing mill with dispensing pumps for petrol/ propane/ solvent etc within the premises... where smoking can wreak havoc.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.