No Tags Found!

rkirana
Dear All,

I got selected for permanent job as asst professor in central govt medical college and was asked to join post medical test.

My situation:
I delivered baby last week of Apr 2015 => Currently baby is 6 weeks old and I have passed medical test => Joining date is in July 2015 which is 3 months from now
Can I go for loss of pay leave for 3 months immediately post joining?

a) Probation for permanent job (I am not currently working with them) starts as of July 2015 - 3 months from now: My medical test is cleared last week and I have appointment order as of Jul last week 2015 - 3 weeks post maternity.
b) note that I HAVE NOT JOINED yet and have to join July 2015 i.e. in 3 months
c) Can I apply for maternity leave immediately after joining in July last week for 3 months i.e. as soon as I join?
d) If c) is not possible, can I apply for loss of pay leave immediately after joining

What options do I have as I have not joined and probation starts immediately post joining?

Net-net this question is around if there is a discrimination between those that deliver baby post joining and those that deliver baby and then join?

From India, Bangalore
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Dear member, terms and conditions of employment and resultant benefits of service are available only after a person/candidate selected joins the government service. In my opinion,before joining, he/she has no rights of any government servant and thus cannot claim any benefits for the period prior to his joining. However, you can confirm the position from the organisation to which you are going to join.

2. Since you are to join a central govt. organisation/hospital, I will suggest you to please ascertain which of the service Rules are applicable. In case, the Central Civil Services Rules are applicable, I hope, you will study the same and accordingly you will get the reply of your questions as raised in above thread. Swamy's Handbook For Central Government Staff is a good book in which the service conditions etc. of central govt. staff have been mentioned in brief.The said Handbook is generally available on all leading law bookshops.

3. The knowledge of service rules is essential during service tenure so that employees may be able to work properly and in accordance with the said rules.

From India, Noida
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.