No Tags Found!

Madhu.T.K

See the thing is that there exists a notification from the EPFO itself which says that interns are not employees and their stipend should not be considered as normal stipend paid to other trainees. Therefore, there is no need to contribute PF on such stipends. Please remember that the we engage interns not to do any task but as part of our social commitments. It is in order to establish that there does not exist any master servant relationship, that we collect a letter from the Institution requesting us to permit a few of their students to do projects/ internship in our companies.

I am trying to trace the notification from the EPFO and will post it when I get it.

From India, Kannur
Madhu.T.K

Yes, I have traced it out. Please find the attachment.
From India, Kannur
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf PF applicability to interns.pdf (587.8 KB, 69 views)

saswatabanerjee

Thank you so much for the notification and the information, Mr. Madhu.
From India, Mumbai
sitaramsn

Really, very good interaction and very knowledgeable. Thanks to Madhu sir for sharing the notification.
True, Interns, trainees, apprentices are not covered under statutory obligations like ESI & PF. However, the company covered the intern under EPFO, but not known whether they deducted employee contribution or bear the both.
One thing is clear if the company personnel respond and inform the motive behind coverage, Hope will be very much useful for our fraternity.

From India, Hyderabad
abhishek-dhingra1

There is nothing to worry about as the employer have deposited your PF, its a good scheme, but practically if an intern is hired through college than PF and ESIC is not applicable and in case no college is involved than EPF and ESIC is applicable.
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.