No Tags Found!

Siva2877
Hi everyone can anyone tell me what should express while "Tell Me About Yourself" fired? at interviews. Please answer this question with samples. I believe I will get the exact answers from you guys and guls.
Thanks and Best regards
Shiv

From India, Madras
anilbsingh
Hello Siva,

Beware, about 80% of all interviews begin with this “innocent” question. Many candidates, unprepared for the question, skewer themselves by rambling, recapping their life story, delving into ancient work history or personal matters.

Here you go withwhatyou were asking about....

Keep your answer short and focused on your professional life. This is not the time to bring up relationships, childhood experiences, family etc. A brief history of education, career and special interests is what is called for here. End it with why you are interested in this particular job

BEST ANSWER: Start with the present and tell why you are well qualified for the position. Remember that the key to all successful interviewing is to match your qualifications to what the interviewer is looking for. In other words you must sell what the buyer is buying. This is the single most important strategy in job hunting.

So, before you answer this or any question it's imperative that you try to uncover your interviewer's greatest need, want, problem or goal.

To do so, make you take these two steps:

1.Do all the homework you can before the interview to uncover this person's wants and needs (not the generalized needs of the industry or company)

2.As early as you can in the interview, ask for a more complete description of what the position entails.

From India, Hyderabad
ksharmi
It's the most useful thing that you should know when attending an interview. From which the interviewers test our ability to answer their question, communication skills and etc. Followings are some of my suggestions as I have gone through number of interviews and currently working in a US organization:

1. Tell your name with surname

2. Age

3. Tell about your family background from which you are coming from (e.g. only child, and then about your parents occupation)

4. Start with your secondary qualification and your school

5. Then about your tertiary qualification and your institute or about degree and your university.

6. If you have any working experience you can share with them. But then you should be ready to answer their next question which is "Why did you leave from your previous organization?

Hope that the above information given by me will be useful to you when you face an interview. All the best for your future! If you have any other inquiries, plz let me know.

Regards

Sharmilaa

From Sri Lanka, Colombo
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.