No Tags Found!

pbskumar2006

Dear Friends,

In general : The Holidays are devided into National & Festival Holidays. The is an Act called National & Festival Holidays Act. In Andhra Pradesh State ; There is an Act called The Andhra Pradesh Factories & Establishments (Ntional Festival and other holidays) Rules, 1974. Like that each state may have a separate Rules. In that the Employer has to obtain the permission from the concern Labour Department in Form .I i.e Statement showing the holidays allowed under Section 4 of the Andhra Pradesh Factories & Establishments (National,Festival and other holidays) like this the respective state is having their own formate.

The Concern State Labour Department has to issue the list of holidays every year, apart from this the concern establishment or Factories should obser their holidays they have to obtain the permission in the above said formate from the concern labour department.

Generally:- The Holidays are National Holidays (1) Jan 26 the Republic Day, (2) Aug,15th Indepandance Day (3) Oct, 2nd Gandhi Jayanthi (4) May,1st May Day these are mandatory. Apart from this local Festival Holidays will also be observed according to regional wise festivals. So in total most of the organisations are observing 13 holidays.

Regards,

PBS KUMAR

From India, Kakinada
GiriKL

Many responses. Different views about one concept. Getting confused !Can somebody bifurcate and explain about the leaves applicable for Service Industry (IT /BPO/KPO etc...) and Manufacturing Indutries.
From India, Bangalore
karnarun

Hi,
Holiday depend on Act factory Act/Shop and Establishment Act of State etc so first clear it, like 3 national and 5 festival , but festival can be increase , its discreation of the management, then CL, SL, EL/PL, ML (is almost same for all states)
regards

From India, Delhi
sundaramr

Hi,

I am surprised to know that people are taking the profession of HR even doesn't having basic knowledge requirements such that leave rules /ESI & EPF rules.How they passed out their course ?.

In this electronic world, people doen't want to study and simply put questions to site.

questions related to bigger issues like strike / lockout /retrenchment / union negotiations will be much useful.Because these issues need more study and comments.

Rules relagted to leave:

All organisations has to file a list of holidays of next calander year before 31st Oct.The minimum of days should be 9 days including compulsorry national holidays- republic day, may day,independance day,Gandhi jayanthi.The balance (9-4=5) 5days may be for festivals of the region the eatablishmnet situated.If any four compulsorry holidays falls on sunday,that day is to be compensated.

Other leaves like CL & sick leave will be as per company policy.

Further,All employees other than those under apprenticeship act, will be entitled one day earned leave for 20 days(including the above 9 days).

From India, Madras
manishgupta1981

Dear sundaramr,
good to see that u r giving specific replies to the queries, but i want know under which act/rule u r stating that there should be min 9 holidays,
can u give the following ans: this will clarify all the doubts of all the people here
for eg. if a business is under factory act
Q1. then how many min CL/SL to be given and under which act/rule.
Q2. NF has 3 or 4 compursary holidays (ist may is included in this list or not)
Q3. How may min festival to be given in Himachal pradesh /Punjab/haryana.
wating for your response
regds
Manish Gupta

From India, Mumbai
Shrikant1962

Dear Roshni,
Following r the common paid holidays
National compulsory holiday's
1.26 Jan
2.01 May
3.15 Aug.
4 02 Oct
Remaining as under
1.Holi
2.hindu new year
3Dassehara
4.Ganesh Jayanti.
5 Dipawali
6.Dipawali.
Shrikant.

From India, Pune
Anuraadhaa

Hi All
I came across a MNC, there in they have a very different Sick leave policy, i.e 5 days SL,
1st day - no payment, 2nd day - 50% paid, 3rd to 5th day - 75 % paid.
I want to know if this is Legal in India ?? This MNC HO is out of India, their Base country has this Sick Leave Policy, hence followed here.
What you comments and Legal suggestion on it.
Regards
Anuradha

From India, Pune
vimal hrm
Dear Roshni,
It doesnt matter on which date or day the Holiday falls.. so u can show them in the list. but before that how can you compensate the Holiday with other Festival???? i dint get that plz can u explain it...

From India, Bhilai
Yogesh.sharmaind
i think no of holidays in a year is 10. if any festival falls on sunday than we can give optional leave for those no of festival which falls on sunday. this optional leave he can avail on any festival on which there is no holiday
From India, Indore
sundaramr

Dear Manishgupta1981,

Be informed that under Industries&establishmnet -Natioanl&Festval Act 1981, every unit registered with either Factories Act or Shop and establishmnet act has to declare 9 days as paid holidays for all employees irrespetcive of their joing or service.

Out of these 9 days, 4 days(jan26,May1,Aug15 and Oct2) is comopulsory and no choice for it.The remaining 5 days, each unit can decide on their own depend on unit's location or region and community class of staff strength.It is fully under the unit's right.

Again if any of these compulsory 4 days falls on Sunday, one more day can be declared as paid holiday on unit 's choice.

Further, there is no compulsory for any unit to declare /grand SL/CL.It is the unit's decesion to have policy for these sick or casul leave.Even Unit can deney both SL & CL.

No act is forcing the establishment to declare CL or SL.

But all registered unit should give one day leave to all confirmed worker or staff (but most unit will include the staff under probation also)for every 20 days worked and named as earned leave or previleage leave.For counting 20 days, the above nine days will be considered as present day.This earned leave is only confirmed employee and it is management 's decesion to cover all staff including probation or trainee.

In India, our leave rules are not in favor of employee and ofcourse it all old dated policy of the Govt.No Govt is willing to sit and review these and our great representative of people are not bother to raise these issued in Pariliment.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.