No Tags Found!

yash_kamthan
Dear All,
I am having a dought in the registration of the sub-contractors under EPC contractor, my question is -
a. If the Principal Employer has taken Labour license, then should he take
registration for engaging a EPC contractor.
b. Whether an EPC contractor should have to take registration for hiring subcontractors under him for heavy construction work
c. Whether EPC contractor should also have to take labour license?
If any one is having any information then please send me on my mail id

Regards

From India, Mumbai
SUDIPTA CHAUDHURI

The Principal employer taes a licence by which he can deploy contractors. While applying for licence the principal employer declares the number of workmen he will engage in his establishment. The EPC contractor has also to apply for licence and get one that is the contract labour licence (and the form 5 is issued by the principal emmployer where the registration number of the Principal employer is required.)This licence is not the one which the principal employer has.
In case of a subcontractor the principal employer has to issue form 5 as the subcontractor is working inside principal employers premises.
ANY CLARIFICATION MAIL at

From India, Calcutta
parasurampur

It is not clear to me the term registration.
Whether it is registration as firm /company or registration as contractor or license to engage labour.
In some cases principal employer engages EPC contractor for some projects and the EPC contractor in turn engages some subcontractors for its execution of the entire work or part.
For selection of contractors EPC contractor may opt for only registered contractors for execution of the works.
It may also call for separate registration (short list / prequalify) under him, from the registered contractors having good experience in the particular portion of work wants to sublet.
So far labor license is concerned EPC contractor may ask his contractors / sub-contractors to take separate license.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.