No Tags Found!

krishnarama

Hi all,

This is my very first post as i joined in this interesting site today itself.

Do let me know your comments on this.

Hopefully you'll should like it. :)

THE TROUBLE TREE

The carpenter I hired to help me restore an old farm house had just finished a rough first day on the job. A flat tire had caused him to miss an hour of work, his electric saw quit, and now his ancient pick-up truck refused to start.

As I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. When we arrived he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked to the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles; he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed by the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.

"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied. "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, they don't belong in the house with my wife and children. So, I just hang them on the tree when I come home in the evening and then I just pick them up again in the morning."

"Funny thing, though," he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there ain't nearly as many as I remembered hanging there the night before."

From India, Pune
raam

welcome to this esteemed forum advance congrats n cheers for ur contributions n learnings cheers ram
From India, Madras
Anubhuti
Hi!
Really nice post. Reminds me of a similar technique in NLP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-l...ic_programming
One can choose a personal gesture and repeat it when required to restore confidence/smile/positivity! And, one doesnt even need a tree...
Again, Really nice post!
Cheers,
Anubhuti

From India, New Delhi
Mallik

Dear Peer Very Good one. We all need a trouble tree to hang all our troubles at the same time reducing ( a sense of feeling that they got reduced) the troubles. Thanks for the post Mallik
From India, Mumbai
jainneha
Sir, This is really good for practical life, this is how we can differentiate between our personal and professional life. Thanks for sharing. regards, Neha Jain

brijeshkarnatak
Good one .........we all are busy in our life ...work .always this is really important to enjoy every minute of it with our frnds ,family and Colleague nice story
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.