No Tags Found!

Trimantra Software Solution

Hello Everyone,
I need your help,Please advise me what can i do if one of the employee from my company is going for leave around 40 to 45 days ???
He OR She is going for own marriage.
What can i do because 40 to 45 days its too long vacation.

From India, Surat
imran_hrdepartment

Dear Trimantra,
There is nothing to do with this, if he is going in marriage then obviously you have to release him but if he is asking for 40 to 45 days leave then, deduct the leave as per your company leave policy.
first of all look how many leaves are pending and then give LWP.

From India, New Delhi
HR@glance

If you have any policy or rule in practice to attend such issue , continue it.
If you don't have any put the issue open before management with your course of action or suggestion keeping in mind points like-
quantum of work which will suffer when emp went on long leave/ Who will handle the responsibility of emp going on leave/what will be the calculation/entitlement of paid leaves against leave period / proper approval of leave application by the senior/HOD/communication of practice which you will follow to concern employee. etc.
Above steps would help you in settling the issue.
Thanks

From India, Indore
VENKAETSH S WARAN

Dear All
I Like To point Out some Thing ..
1. Marriage is the Gen Reason , For Taking 45 days Means It May Avoid Organisation Growth ...( So He is Not Deeply Joined With our concern )
2. Clear all EL Leaves And Put mark LOP For Every days( In this case We should deal with Owner Mind Set )
3. So it will Be a very Good Lesson For other employees
4. Ask Him it will Be affact your Performance appraisal
So These Question While You Asked Surly he wil reduce the days .

From India, Chennai
Trimantra Software Solution

Respected Seniors,
Can you please give me some innovative solution because she is technically so brilliant and she is working here last 1.5 year.
Please give me more suggestion what should i do ?? because management said i have to handle this case & 40 to 45 days its really too long..
Please give me some innovative suggestion.
Please
Regards,
Ankita

From India, Surat
HR@glance

If management has left issue open to you to resolve .
You can follow steps to settle it down-
Discuss the seriousness/practical need of such a long leave ,with employee connecting it to her performance appraisal & commitment to work.
Ask employee to make it short as per actual need if possible.
Ask employee to brief about all task/responsibility to another employee taking charge if possible.
Ask employee to be available on phone in case of any emergency/stuck up arises during her leave period at office.
If management supports you , you can take help of senior to have a conversation once before finally employee goes on leave.
It will depend on the counseling, which you do with the employee and support /consent which you receive from management's part.
Try it from personal/professional prospects both it will help you out.
If you once do it ,it will make you capable of handling such issues in future at your organization.
Thanks

From India, Indore
nashbramhall

Please give more information about the size of the organisation and how many days before and after her wedding day is she asking for leave. In every situation it's a question of who wants whom, in addition to the laws that are applicable. We also do not know how far away from work she has to go for her wedding, etc. More the information that you give more precise will be the advice that you will get.
I searched and found details at Software Development Company|IT Services|IT Outsourcing

From United Kingdom
Shankar_HuntShire

Look at this as an opportunity to make a statement in your company. What do you do in your company? Can the work be done remotely? Can you work an agreement where the employee does some work and at the same time take up the vacation. The truly revolutionary companies have Netflix (Netflix's Unlimited Employee Vacation Policy: Why It Works) do take a totally refreshing approach.
Bottomline - focus on delivery not on working hours.
Shankar Ganapathy
<link no longer exists - removed>

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous

Ask her boss to respond, since her boss would have approved her leave. I am sure she would have given you a leave application. In case she has not yet, then ask her to get the leave application approved by the boss. And in case her boss has no qualms about she going on leave, then why must HR bother, because its the boss who is responsible for the delivery and the onus lies on him to manage his subordinates.
From Indonesia, Jakarta
premahr

Hi
I had a same situation. One of the employee wanted 2 months leave for marriage. We approved and she had 30days of LOP. Also she handed over her responsibilities to some other person in the same department.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.