Meeni

Hi All,
I had recently gone for an interview,for a company, which is supposed to be in first 15 companies in Hewitt survey for the best employer of the year.
There were few questions asked for which i need to have ,what would have been the most suitable answer.
1.If HR activities(policies/rewards/recognition/other motivation activities) are not taken seriously by the other departments,how will you ensure that they are taken up seriously.How will you ensure that employees also feel that these activities/rewards were important.
2.What are present day HR strategies been followed by organizations?
3.What will be the points/views you will accept for any HR policy to be changed/revised,if employees are against any HR policy.
Please do reply as i really want to know the answers or rather views on these questions.
Regards
Meenakshi

From India, New Delhi
pradiptadatta

1.If HR activities(policies/rewards/recognition/other motivation activities) are not taken seriously by the other departments,how will you ensure that they are taken up seriously.How will you ensure that employees also feel that these activities/rewards were important.

Answer: HR policies are the reflection of Organization culture. This culture cannot be made by one night. It needs constant effort and commitment by HR people with the support of top management.

If any department/s or cross section of employee/s are wary on HR policies / rewards programme etc. try to find out the root cause analysis of the same. A good machinery is employee survey by outside professionals NOT the HR employees. Categorise the major concern areas and make action plan.

Bring a culture of open communication meeting after a regular interval where management would share their vision and communicate business target and expectations from employee. Employees should also been given opportunity to share their problem in that open forum.

In my opinion this is not the employees but the HODs of different departments/ functions egg on the matter. So HR should take along with all functional head befor implementing any policies.

2.What are present day HR strategies been followed by organizations?

Answer: This is a very broad question. The question should have been specific because every organization has different strategies commensurate to its business goals and objective.

However, today’s HR practices are developing objective based employee performance culture. All employees should be accountable for their specific responsibilities and their goals with quantitive an objectives which is linked to organizational performance. That’s why the ‘Policy deployment’ issue has come up and become the buzzword of the high performance industry.

3.What will be the points/views you will accept for any HR policy to be changed/revised,if employees are against any HR policy.

Answer: Please read on the 2nd para of answer no. 1.

Any different opinion is welcome.

Regards,

From India
Meeni

Hi Pradip,
Thanks for your opinion.
Even i replied on similar lines,but the person insisted that they already have a open forum where discussions happen and employees can sort out their grievances.But as they want to be number one employer in coming year.How they can make this process more exciting and more open.
He believed that such things if incorporated for long could become monotonous.
Regards

From India, New Delhi
Meeni

No one has anything to share????? Please revert ,i feel we all must be having opinion on this. Regards
From India, New Delhi
c.vidya1

I think any person appointed as Line managers should value policies/rewards/recognition/other motivation activities and If not there has to be a reason for that too, There has to be an open forum where the Line managers of different department should meet and discuss the things out. Once you have the reasons then you can actually act upon those items.

Some how i also see the recruitment should be one of the best and should take care of these kind of things as in what is the individuals expectation what kind of background he is from. many of the people leave the organization bcoz there is no rewards and recognition, work environment and so many things, if you understand the reason for change of that employee that will clear this step of employee being aware of the benefits of rewards and other things. This concludes the organization should implement good recruitment practises.

Proper work shops should be taken where the employees understand what are their roles and responsibilities and how their targets are aligned with the business goals. Make them feel that they are the CEO's of the organization and how they would take the organization further what they can do to make their employees happy and more productive.

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.