No Tags Found!

sravani

Hi All,
I am glad to be a part of CiteHR. The contributions made by the members are really outstanding.
I am working for a management consulting. I request the members to contribute their ideas on the following situation/issue.
Situation/Issue: A staffing company provides the candidates on its roles to different clients. So, what skills should the recruiters posses or In what areas do they require training?
The role of the recruiters are: 1) screening the candidates from different sources. 2) shortlisting, conducting the Tests, Group Discussions, Interviews. 3) transferring the list of final candidates to their superior who will arrange for final interviews with the clients.
For further doubts about the situation, do not hesitate to revert back. I would appreciate your contributions.
Regards
Sravani

From India, Hyderabad
hemant.r
Hi,
The trainings that could be given are :
1) Domain specific training i.e training the recruiters on the specific areas they would be hiring so that they are comfortable talking to professionals about their roles and responsibilities etc.
2) Training can be imparted on good communication and interpersonal skills which depends on various social factors. also how to pitch the opening/position,start a conversation, extract more information in less time and make a connection with the candidate so that more networking and references could be generated out of him.

ashra

Training can be given to recruiters so that they will not commit interview errors such as,
1. First impression error
2. Similarity error
3. Contrast error
4. Race, Sex, Age bias errors
5. Halo error
6. None Verbal Factors
7. Faulty listening and memory
This are some of the errors committed by an interviewer and hence, may not be able to choose the most suitable candidate to the organization. Training a recruiter on these errors may help him conduct the recruitment with minimal space for inefficiencies.
hope this is also of some help!!

From Sri Lanka
sravani

Hi Hemant, I really appreciate your view of training the recruiters on the specific areas as I never thought in that angle. Really that’s very great idea. Thank you so much. Regards Sravani
From India, Hyderabad
sravani

Hi Ashra,
The errors in interview process had been really bought out so well. It is not "some" but "great" help. I have a brief idea of few errors among the ones you specified; but, could you let me know what is "similarity error" and "contrast error" is all about?
I couldn't even guess what it focuses on. Please brief me about it.
Thanks & Regards
Sravani

From India, Hyderabad
avvalprashant
On a broader note, you could train recruiters on
1) Entire Recruitment Process
2) Domain/Industry, in which s/he shall be involved in
3) Referencing & Networking Skills
4) HeadHunting
5) Communication, Telephonic & Face to Face
6) Industry gyan
7) Trends in the Hiring Cycle, if any
8) & quite a lotta of them, but can think of only this many off-hand
Lemme know if you need more
Regards
Prashant

From India, Thana
sravani

Hi Prashant,
Thanks for the shared ideas. Among the points you mentioned, I found Point 2&6 new on my list. Moreover, could you please let me know the difference between these two points? I feel that they both focus on same point. Is it so?
I also appreciate if you could contribute few more ideas on the same topic.
Regards
Sravani

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.