No Tags Found!

plawat
I am an executive director at a PSU in India. I raised a few questions to the management, and they referred some cases to CBI and disassociated me from work. CBI took its sweet time, and now, finally, they could not find anything and shut the cases. However, there was no official communication regarding this to me.

They issued me a letter stating that I am disassociated from all work. No file is to be moved through me, and no department is to interact with me. The management has still disassociated me from work for FIVE years. I need to come to the office and sit idle without any work. It is torture and humiliating. Can a PSU do that? I have been writing to the management and the Ministry, but no response has come.

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

If the management has dissociated the Executive Director from the work, then it shows that they want the person to quit on one's own. But in this case, the person, which is you, has persevered for five long years. Both sides are testing each other's patience.

Yours is a sufficiently senior position. You have referred to the authorities concerned as "management", but as an Executive Director, you are also supposed to be part of the management. The remedy to your problem is to ask for the interview of the Managing Director and explore a room for reconciliation. It may require climbing down slightly but it is ok. Please note that come what may, the managing authorities always enjoy a whip hand and the lower-level employees including officers are expected to fall in line. Whether in private organisations, government organisations or semi-government organisations, the bosses expect juniors to feed their egos. On the contrary, did you bruise their ego?

If the top boss remains inclement, then write an application to the secretary of the ministry concerned. If that also does not work, then you will have to file a civil suit asking for restoration of your right to work.

General comments: - The post unwittingly lays bare the maladministration that prevails in the PSUs. On the one side, the government talks about increasing the efficiency of the PSUs and on the other side a person holding the position of the "Executive Director" is dissociated from the work for five years! Is this how the government wants to make India a 5-trillion-dollar economy?

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
KK!HR

RTI could be effectively used to counter this situation. You could collect information on what is happening in the PSU. Also, it could result in some +decision being made under its threat. There are enough grounds to file a writ petition in the High Court but before that you may address a representation to the Topmost official making it sound legal and ask for proper placement.
From India, Mumbai
V.Raghunathan

Dear Sri Plawat,

I have experience of working in public and private sectors during my four decades of service.
Your case is Executive Director Vs the Management. In this scenario the Management will always be strong.

Had it been Management Vs Worker, the Worker's chances of winning would have been brighter.

I have seen similar predicament with many persons. Each of them behaved differently. One person was biding his time, gathered all the required knowledge and when the winds changed, he shot up to lime light again. Another person didn't do anything and status quo prevailed till his retirement.

My suggestion would be to continue to keep a low profile while enriching yourself all about technical developments happening around, within and outside your organization. This will stand in good stead.
Always have faith in your abilities and never let your self confidence take a beating.

Tough times do not last but tough people last.

V.Raghunathan Chennai

From India
ashok pal

Sir,
You must do one thing. 1st day and last day of the month write a letter to higher authorities at any how regarding that you have not been provided any work . It will help you in your APAR. Every year APAR is written by authorities. If you did not do any thing than what they write in your APAR. You wanted to do work but they do not provide you work. It happens with some persons. I also spend 34 years in govt. service.

From India, Indore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.