Hr Manager
Systems & Hr Admin
Hr Professional

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Seniors,
I'm working in a arment Export Unit located at Tirupur. In my company we have small mess in which a lady is working as a Cook to prepare Tea, Cofee and Snacks. I was told that as per Factory law, the Cook must be medically fit to prepare foods. How the medical check up must be done for the cook. Is it sufficient if Medical Fitness Certificate is collected from a Local MBBS Doctor? or It must be done by an IF approved Doctor. I'm in mesh. Please provide me correct information please.

From India, Coimbatore
Normal test should contain blood test, urine test, Blood Pressure and Cardio Test and as she is a female a gyno test can also be used to be on the safe side. Any and all tests that ascertain that the cook is not harboring any contagious disease and is free from any past & present illness which prohibits her from working and is fit to work
A MD is more appropriate authority to certify her medical certificate, or a MBBS doctor on the LIC panel or ESIC panel will also do
But the best would be from doctor who is practicing in any state or central government owned hospital
Thank You

From India, Mumbai
Dear Senior
We are running an indl. canteen employing a number of canteen staff for catering need of around 600 person.
Can i be informed about various medical examinations (alongwith frequency) to be carriedout by us.
Sincere Regards,

From India, Gurgaon
Answer to the question that Mr. Pandey has asked can be given by only a doctor
But normally companies, conduct annual medical test, which include test related to diabetes,blood pressure,heart,weight,bone,lungs,and also for bones.
There are agencies in the market for the same purpose,who conduct annual medical tests for employees on payment of certain annual fees for their services
But ideally it would be advisable to conduct a blood test and urine test to deduct contagious disease for your canteen employees in a period or time gap of six months.
Kindly seek, medical guidance for appropriate time frame for conducting tests
Call for more opinion on the same
Thank You

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™