Dear All,
I was worked in a company for 8 years in Mumbai. The company is maintaining the 'Gratuity' fund in LIC. I resigned from the company just five months back and till now I didn't got my Gratuity settlement cheque.
Generally, how long it will take to refund the Gratuity amount from the resignation date? If I am not mistaken it will take 30 days from the date of resignation to clear the dues, and I came to know that my company still have not forwarded my gratuity payment form to LIC.
Can any one help me in this regard, can I directly write a letter to Controlling authority regarding this ? If yes, may I know the address for the same so that I can directly forward a letter for collecting my gratuity amount.
Thanks in advance

From India, Mumbai
Seasoned Ir Professional
Eb, R&r, Retention And Cost Cutting

Recvd yr reply for the above matter, please suggest after filling the Form I for gratuity recovery to whom I have to submit the same. Regards. S.K. Mumbai
From India, Mumbai

Dear S.K.
LIC takes approximately 10 days of time for transfering gratuity money into employer's account, if employer has intimated LIC of such liability. In case there is a delay beyond 30 days, employer is liable to pay compounded interest as prescribed by government, on accured amount.
At every regional Income Tax office, there is an inspector responsible for gratuity related cases. I would suggest you to go and meet him and submit a writtel application. You need not worry for proceedings as that's responsibility of the Inspector.

From India, Hyderabad

Dear SK,
Payment of Gratuity by the employer is not linked to payment of the money invested by the employer in LIC or other. It is for easy mobilisation of funds needed to pay the gratuity that the employer invests some amount in LIC or mutual funds. Whether the employer gets it from LIC or other, he is liable to make payment to the employee. And an employee is not suppose to approach the LIC for getting his gratuity amount. He can submit his request in form I to the employer and if the employer fails to pay the amount he can send a representation the the Inspector appointed by the Govt. (State Govt.) for this purpose. Normally, the Deputy/ Assistant Labour Commissioner will be the Inspector for this purpose also. Please note that Income Tax Inspector is not the person to deal with gratuity payment cases, as I understand. Any amount recoverable from the employer by way of gratuity can be realised as arrears of land revenue by means of initiating revenue recovery proceedings through the District Collector.



From India, Kannur

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server