Ajmal MirzaHow about taking suggestion from your employees for the name to start with... :lol: :evil: :lol:
From India, Ahmadabad
siddhvijayHi Ajmal Mirza, Ya its good man but the thing is no employee is like that :twisted: :shock: :evil: Re
From India, Madras
Ajmal Mirzahow about simply putting up a box / email id etc with a tag
suggestions / suggestion box...
<image no longer exists>
I would not be using the name for such initiative but can suggest
Maybe it looks cool
From India, Ahmadabad
This is a good idea, and has been prevalent in all major corporates across the globe.
Example: Wipro has named the same concept as 'Pragati'....
I suggest give this option to the Employees itself. Any person coming out with a creative name can be looked upon as the first person to be awarded with a certificate.
Think about it...All the best...!
From India, Hyderabad
The scheme shall be named as “National Fertilizers Limited, Suggestion Scheme”.
This manual deals with the Philosophy, Policy, Objectives and Mechanics of the Suggestion Scheme proposed at NFL. This Suggestion Scheme emanates from the management philosophy that every dynamic organisation should engage itself in a continuous pursuit of improving its Tools, Methods of Working, Procedures and Systems. The Management believes that there is always a better and more efficient method and a less costly method of achieving various objectives than the present method adopted. The Management also believes that there is a great reservoir of useful ideas that exist and generate in the minds of the employees, which can be tapped usefully for improving the Company's performance. This Suggestion Scheme, therefore, is the result of the Management's recognition of the ever present need for improvements and a testament of its faith in the ability of its employees to make meaningful contributions for effecting improvements in the overall working of the organisation.
The main objective of the suggestion scheme is to provide:
1. An equal opportunity to all for constructive thinking.
2. An award for worthy suggestions.
3. Recognition for individual ingenuity and creativeness.
4. A chance to participate in the development and growth of the Corporation.
5. To achieve greater Production and reduce Cost of Production thereby effecting economy.
All employees of NFL stationed at NFL units/offices irrespective of rank and position (including Trainees) are eligible to submit suggestion under this Scheme.
This Suggestion Scheme is to enable the employees to think and make suggestions which otherwise would not have come through their normal duties. This is intended to benefit the Organisation as well as its Employees. The Suggestor should recommend action beyond the scope of his duties and responsibilities, i.e. those that cannot be implemented by him.
5 TYPE OF SUGGESTIONS INVITED
The scheme generally invites all types of Suggestions, which will benefit the Organisation or its Employees. More specifically, the Suggestions should be designed to :-
1. Increase Operating Efficiency.
2. Result in Saving of Money, Time, Human Efforts, materials & Utilities.
3. Substitute Imported Material, Spare Parts or Equipment by Indigenous items.
4. Improve Products, Process, Plant, equipments & Tools.
5. Improve Methods & Procedures and make them more Effective & Easier.
6. Provide Safer, Healthier & Pleasant Working Conditions.
7. Provide better and more effective Welfare Measures.
6 UNACCEPTABLE SUGGESTIONS
The suggestions of the following types shall not be accepted:-
1. Suggestions submitted by persons not eligible for participation.
2. Suggestions dealing with matters of policy in such fields as Labour Management, Contract Negotiations, Employee Benefits other than Welfare Measures, Government Policies & Activities beyond the control of the Organisation and the Management.
3. Suggestions, which contain ideas that have already been patented.
4. Suggestions, which deal with matters or ideas, those are being considered or have been considered by the Management on its own.
5. Suggestions, which deal with matters or ideas, those are being considered by the Management on its own or have been or are being implemented through Management decisions.
6. Suggestions, which are merely Complaints or Grievances.
7. Suggestions, which merely point, out the faults or criticise the existing conditions.
8. Anonymous suggestions.
It is inherent in the scheme that a suggestion should be identifiable with its author. The suggestion should not be anonymous. Every Suggestor shall write his Name, Employee Code, designation & department on the suggestion form. Anonymous suggestions shall be rejected and destroyed.
7 PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING THE SUGGESTIONS
Suggestions, in writing, can be directly submitted to the Co-ordinator, Suggestion Scheme. Sectional Head of Industrial Engineering shall be ex-officio Co-ordinator of the Suggestion Scheme.
Suggestions may be written in English or Hindi on the prescribed suggestion form as shown at MR-DF-02. The form has been carefully designed with the purpose of communicating all essential information regarding the suggestion, which will help in objectively and constructively evaluating the Suggestion.
8 TIME LIMIT FOR PROCESSING THE SUGGESTIONS
The importance of processing the suggestions and announcing the award quickly can hardly be over-emphasised. At the same time, it is very difficult to exactly fix a time limit because of the varied nature of the suggestions, which would be coming forth. However every effort shall be made to examine the Suggestions received as quickly as possible.
9 AGENCY FOR EVALUATION OF SUGGESTIONS
Every suggestion received would be carefully evaluated, maintaining impartiality and objectivity in deciding the quantum of the reward, in accordance with the merit of the suggestion.
On receipt of every Suggestion, the Co-ordinator of Suggestion Scheme shall immediately arrange to get the Suggestion Preliminarily Evaluated by all the concerned Sectional / Departmental Heads using the Performa as shown at MR-DF-03. The summary of Preliminary Evaluations shall be compiled by the Co-ordinator twice a year i.e. by the end of July & December.
All the Suggestions shall be Evaluated by a Suggestion Committee headed by the GM/CGM/ED and having DGMs / Chief Managers from disciplines like Production, Technical Services, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical, P&A & Finance Departments as its members. Co-ordinator of Suggestion Scheme shall be the Member Secretary of the Suggestion Committee.
The Co-ordinator shall be responsible to put up all the Suggestions along with summary of Preliminary Evaluation for the consideration of Suggestion Committee, which shall meet twice a year. The Suggestion Committee shall be responsible for giving their recommendations to the Management for implementation of those suggestions, which are found acceptable. The Suggestion Committee shall evaluate all ‘Acceptable Suggestions’ as per the “Evaluation Plan”, detailed in MR-DF-01 and shall classify them into the following six categories:-
1. IMMEDIATE IMPLEMENTATION: Suggestions, whose economic benefit or improvement value is obvious, shall be accepted for immediate implementation. Such Suggestions shall be implemented by the concerned Executive under their own authority or after obtaining the necessary approval or sanction from the competent authority.
2. IMPLEMENTATION AFTER ELABORATION: Suggestions, which are good but can be implemented only after examination or elaboration by the concerned Executive, shall be accepted for implementation after elaboration. On receipt of such suggestions the concerned Executive shall examine or elaborate the suggestion and obtain approval or sanction of the competent authority.
3. IMPLEMENTATION AT APPROPRIATE TIME: Suggestion whose economic benefits or improvement values are obvious but which cannot be implemented immediately due to necessary preparations, procurement of material or requirement of plant shutdown, shall be accepted for implementation at the appropriate time in the future. Such suggestions shall be sent to the concerned Executive for being kept pending their implementation at the appropriate time under their own authority or after obtaining necessary approval or sanction of the competent authority.
4. FURTHER DEVELOPMENT: Suggestions, containing good ideas but cannot be implemented unless they are developed by the organisation, shall be accepted for further development by the concerned Executive. After they have been developed they shall be sent to the General manager for final decision.
5. REVIEW & REPORT: Suggestions, which do not make any positive or useful recommendation but merely draw the Management’s attention towards obvious areas of improvement, shall be accepted for inviting the concerned Executive to review the present condition, take necessary action if called for and report his findings.
6. TO BE NOTED: Suggestions, which have the germs of some useful ideas but do not make any worthwhile recommendation for immediate implementation, shall be accepted for being merely noted by the concerned executive. No action is called for on such a suggestion except that the concerned executive may read the suggestion and make a note of it as it might strike in his mind a new useful alternative idea.
The recommendations of the Suggestion Committee along with all the relevant information shall be submitted to the Head of the unit/office for his approval. The decision of the Head of the Unit/Office shall be final.
The Co-ordinator shall send all the Approved Suggestions along with all available information on each Suggestion, to TS department which shall get the Execution Drawings prepared from General Engineering Section and forward the same to concerned Execution Department for implementation with a copy to the Plant In-Charge. TS department shall also maintain a close follow up for proper execution and inclusion in the P&I drawings later on. The Budgetary requirement, if any, shall be arranged by the Execution Department.
10 DETERMINATION OF REWARDS
All ‘Acceptable Suggestions’ shall be rewarded. For this purpose, it shall be first decided whether a reward will be made right away or after trial. If it is decided to give right away, then the nature and value of the Reward shall be determined based on the Merit Points accorded to each ‘Acceptable Suggestion’ based on the “Evaluation Plan” (MR-DF-01).
Nature & Value of Reward vis-à-vis the Merit Points
1. Up to 34 points Appreciation letter.
2. 35 to 60 points Rs.625/- plus 25/- per point above 35 Points.
3. Above 60 points Rs.1500/- plus Rs.25/- per point above 60 points.
In exceptional cases the reward amount can be up to Rs.5000/- with the approval of CMD.
The individual unit shall have a provision of Rs 50000/- per annum for disbursement of the cash awards.
The Cash Reward after calculation shall be rounded to next odd value i.e. Rs.651/-, Rs.701/-, Rs.751/- and so on.
The Citation for ‘Appreciation Letter’ & ‘Cash Reward’ can be adopted individually by the units.
11 COMMUNICATING DECISION
It is but natural that a Suggestor would be anxious to know the fate of his suggestion. Therefore, in the event of suggestion being rejected, the Suggestor would be informed along with the reasons for rejection. Similarly in the event of Suggestion being accepted, the Suggestor would be informed and advised to appear in the function where the Award shall be presented to him.
This shall be done in the form of a letter, specimen of which is shown at MR-DF-04 and MR-DF-05 respectively.
12 PRESENTATION OF AWARDS
All AWARDS shall be presented on the occasion of Independence Day and Republic Day Celebrations to such employees whose Suggestions were found acceptable and duly approved.
Wide publicity would be given for award winning Suggestions through the House Journal of the Unit and Corporation.
The names of Employees, who score more than 75 Points for “Accepted Suggestions”, shall be displayed on the “Board of Honour” at Conference Hall of Administrative Building.
The names of Employees, who win awards for “Accepted Suggestions”, shall be forwarded for “Shram Veer Awards” at the State and National Level, if deemed fit by the Management. This shall be in addition to the awards given by NFL.
13 ORGANISATIONAL RIGHTS
The decision of the Management regarding the Eligibility of Suggestor, Acceptance or Rejection of the Suggestion, Nature & Value of Rewards shall be final. The Management has every right to Change / Modify or Withdraw the Suggestion Scheme at any time.
From India, Delhi