Hi. Recently I resigned from a Pvt Ltd company using the buy-out option. The company first denied the buy-out and today issued me a warning letter for not completing the handover. I was under probation and as per the terms in Appointment Letter I can buy out my notice period. My questions

1. Am I legally allowed to do a handover?
2. They issued me a warning letter, what to do?
3. Can I file a civil complaint against them as it is very inappropriate and stresses me mentally.

From India, Lucknow

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Dear Annonymous,

It is a matter of good employee practice in any organization that, any employee desirous of
seeking separation from the company, must handover the company property which may have
in his/her possession to his/her department manager or any other person authorised by the department manager, at the time of leaving. This is also expected from you which you have not done That was why, you have received a warning letter.

So you are advised in your own interest to visit your company, fulfil separation formalities, deposit cash equivalent to shortfall in your notice period and have a smooth final exit.

All the best.

From India, Aizawl
Well if it is about good practice, they should also accept the buy out option. I already mentioned I will assist in the handover. I need to be relieved any way.
From India, Lucknow

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server