Hi, I was working as an assistant professor in a self financing college in Coimbatore. During Pandemic we were not able to take physical classes and everything was work from home. Many professors lost their job and only few were on roles. For the staffs who were working was given salary based on their performances/the number of webinars they organize/ the number of hours they work/the no of webinars attended all most for a period of 6-7 months. That too 15%-50% of their monthly CTC. At that time the students were also not forced to pay their fees. OKAY. Now after it was over the college collected the entire tuition fees from the students after waiving off the miscellaneous fee. They used to collect saying that they were paying their professors salary during the toughest time. All the students (some of them questioned, but every one was afraid of their degree will get effected if they question back) paid the full tuition fees.

Now i have resigned from my job...So can i ask for the repayment of that deducted salary? Is the management liable to pay the deducted salary for the staff now since everything is normal now and collected the full fee from the students during that time. Can i move with legally asking for the compensation ? Please help

From India, Palakkad
Partner - Risk Management
Hr Manager
Assistant Professor

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


A self finance college is one which does not receive any financial aid from from the State Government where it is located. They also do not get any financial grants from the UGC nor do they get any benefits from UGC. It is run and controlled by an educational agency.

As you have resigned the job, chance of getting back the deducted salary is doubtful. Collection of fees from students, partial disbursement of salaries to the staff etc. are their prerogative decisions.
If you fight against them legally, it will not bear any fruit as desired by you.

As you were in service with them, try to meet personally to the Director and discuss with them
assertively and apprise your position.

From India, Aizawl

Legally speaking, if you accepted the deductions without protesting against it, then you have accepted the revised terms of employment. Therefore the new payment is the standard payment for that time.

I absence to any agreement to the contrary, you are unlikely to get the money back. But you need to take all relevant details to a lawyer and taken his opinion

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server