Regarding house renovation PF advance amount withdrawal property in the name of me and my husband house renovation work done by local masters - what documents need to be submitted in PF office?
From India, Bengaluru

You should have completed 5 years of continuous service to claim partial withdrawal. Now physical form is not allowed. You can apply for partial withdrawal through your UAN login. No supporting document not required. Easy process to get the payment. However think before you claim as PF is your retirement age savings.

From India, Madras

You should say whether your organisation is an 'exempted' employer or administered by EPFO. If yours is 'exempted' and run by an authorised/regd. EPF Trust there could few changes in the procedures & docs required to process your loan/part withdrawal from your EPF a/c.- However you should note the following stipulations generally applicable-
PF Withdrawal Rules for withdrawal (part only) based on purposes:
For Medical Purposes:
An employee is allowed to withdraw employee’s share with interest or six times the monthly salary (whichever is lower) from the provident fund for the medical treatment purpose.
It is applicable for medical treatments of self, spouse, children, and parents.
There is no lock-in period or minimum service period for this type of withdrawal.
For Repaying Home Loan:
For the purpose of repaying the home loan outstanding, the member is allowed to withdraw up to 90% of the corpus if the house is registered in his or her name or held jointly.
However, to withdraw the amount, at least 3 years of service completion is required
For Wedding :
At least 7 years of service is required to be completed to be eligible for withdrawal
50% of the employee’s contribution with interest can be withdrawn.
An employee can withdraw funds for his own, siblings or child’s marriage
For Renovating and Reconstructing a House :
The employee can withdraw funds from his EPF account for the purpose of renovation and reconstruction.
1)The house should be held in his/her name or held jointly with the spouse
2)The employee must complete at least 5 years of total service
3)The member can withdraw 12 times his monthly salary from his Provident fund account
For Purchasing or constructing a House :
The member can withdraw from his employee provident fund for the purpose of purchasing a plot and constructing it.
The property should be registered in his or her name or held jointly with spouse.
An employee should complete a minimum of 5 years of total service
24 times of the monthly salary for purchasing a plot/36 times of the monthly salary for purchasing or constructing a house or the cost of the property or the total of employee’s and his employer’s share along with the interest amount (whichever is less) can be withdrawn.
Withdrawal is allowed only after completing 5 years of service
Withdrawal for the purpose of purchasing a plot and constructing it can be done only once in the entire service tenure.
Retirement :
A person can withdraw his or her entire provident fund corpus after completing 58 years of age.
The employee is allowed to withdraw up to 90% of the provident fund balance.
Unemployment :
A person can withdraw 75% of his or her provident fund if he/she is unemployed for more than a month.
For unemployment of more than 2 months, remaining 25% of the corpus can be withdrawn.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.