Insolvency N Gst Professional
[email protected]
Senior Hr Advisor
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
My query is :- we have an employee who was appointed on a part time basis i.e he used to come regularly for half a day, ever day, for more than one year or so. Later on his employment was made full time. Now the employee has resigned. so if we have to pay him gratuity are we to consider his part time employment for the purpose of calculating number of years or should we consider completion of 5 years from the date when his job was made full time with us.
Kindly advise. Request an immediate response.
Madhu Menon

From India, Mumbai
1. For what purpose you hired Part time employee ? 2. Why you not hired him through contractor? 3. What is your current Provision to deduct PF & ESI for part time employees?
From India, Pune
"he used to come regularly for half a day, ever day, for more than one year or so" He will be entitled for gratuity as long as he complete 5 years continuous service.
From India, Pune
Dear Sir,
As per the sentence made at the top the person has completed the Five years is eligible for the gratutity as per act
sathyanarayanan T S
NI Consulting Services Private limited
81, Peters Road

From India, Chennai
Thank you all for your valuable replies. Madhu Menon
From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™